The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

need new fuel pump

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

95tclipser

10+ Year Contributor
Nov 19, 2008
VALRICO, Florida
I am trying to figure out if what I researched is correct. My fuel pump is gone, a stock pump is going to cost me $148 plus. I need to know if I should upgrade to a wal 255 or similar? I am mostly stock on t25, goal for this car is 400wp, future turbo will be s259. This car is sitting in my garage, was about to start on my suspension when the fuel pump failed. Now, from what I gathered from my research, it would be ok to run a wal 255 pump with a FPR while using the t25. is this correct? I just need this car started again & don't want to spend extra money on fuel pumps. Thanks

This set up is fine. Many people have been using this set up for years. It should be good for 350-400 hp as long as you have some decent sized injectors. Above 660 would be good.

Get an Evo pump. They are cheap used, flow more fuel, and are Denso OEM drop in parts.

I paid 20 bucks shipped for my Evo 9 pump, its a direct bolt in part. They look identical, but the model numbers and flow rates are very different. Best way to go, imo.

thanks for the info. I will check it out.

ok, so evo 9 or 10 will work, do I need to upgrade the fpr? thanks

Last edited:
If it were me I would go for the Walbro 255, FPR, and do the rewire. Especially if you plan on going for your goal anytime soon. It would be getting the fuel part out of the way besides the injectors.

I agree with Jaw91, and not just because im selling one! If you want it though let me know, im heading to ship another part I sold tomorrow morning and could ship the pump also.

You will need to replace the fuel pressure regulator with an aftermarket FPR. The factory ones are too weak to resist the 255. How much boost are you running on the T25? You can safely go to 15 psi stock injectors. Besides any higher than 15 psi on the factory turbo and it will be greeted by the Grim Reaper in a couple of months

Just 1 question I would like to figure out..How quiet are those evo pumps compared to the walbro? I have 2 walbro's twin255 and they are pretty loud as some of you know. i was thinking maybe 2 evo pumps?

Just 1 question I would like to figure out..How quiet are those evo pumps compared to the walbro? I have 2 walbro's twin255 and they are pretty loud as some of you know. i was thinking maybe 2 evo pumps?

Why would you want to downgrade your set-up over noise?? To the OP a walbro 255 with a AFPR would suit your needs for a long time..

Walbro 255HP you can get them dirt cheap and direct bolt on all day.

how rich of an idle are you really going to have? i mean hes on stock injectors. theyre not 1200cc or anything. id say test it out and see if you can get away without running an afpr for now. i have one but my setup is further along.

how rich of an idle are you really going to have? i mean hes on stock injectors. theyre not 1200cc or anything. id say test it out and see if you can get away without running an afpr for now. i have one but my setup is further along.

Injector size has nothing to do with FPR overrun.. The stock FPR cannot keep up with all the fuel in the rail so in turn the fuel will piss out the injectors at fuel and light cruise situations. In boost however it would be fine. Don't do it.

Injector size has nothing to do with FPR overrun.. The stock FPR cannot keep up with all the fuel in the rail so in turn the fuel will piss out the injectors at fuel and light cruise situations. In boost however it would be fine. Don't do it.

What this guy said exactly. Some people just don't listen

No more than 15psi until I upgrade injectors & hopefuly turbo. Thanks for your help.

a larger injector, given the same pulse width input and same pressure will put out more fuel. that was my point. so yes, it would matter if he had stock injectors or not. think dude. there are people running wallys out there without afprs its a fact. IF( stress the IF part) the fpr is overun, then the amount of fuel coming out will be higher, no shit. but if they are dif size injectors, said amount of fuel will be different as well, thus effecting the afr at idle.
i may do this just for s&g's in the future, hook up my old stock inj and stock fpr and watch it at idle.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back