The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

NEED HELP FAST! tryin to figure out if my ECU is bad

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JD98GSX

10+ Year Contributor
Aug 15, 2009
Bristol, Indiana
I just recantly got my car out a few weeks ago and it ran great. A few days ago after i drove to a few ploaces and she got up to temp. I shut the car off while I went in to talk to a buddy, and when i left the car started and shut right back off. I did this a few times, and then finally after like 4 time I decided to give it some gas while starting it and it started right up. Well I drove it home and parked it, It drove fine. Well the next day it did the exact same thing. So one i finally got it started again I drove to autozone to see if they could find out why the check engine light was on. The guy plugged in his scanner and told me he wasnt getting a signal from my computer. Well this baffled me so i drove over to my buddy that owns a performance shop and had him see if he could get a signal from my computer and he said he wasnt getting anything, He thinks My ECU is either bad or going bad.

Anyone know, or expireince something like this before?

You might try unplugging the ECU to reboot it. If you can't communicate with it you're pretty screwed. PM me for a loaner.

taking out your ecu takes like 10 minutes just pull it out take the cover off and inspect the caps etc if it smells or theres burn marks buy an ecu off of someone on here.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back