The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support STM Tuned

Need Help diagnosing a 420a no start

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Caessr

Probationary Member
Feb 26, 2019
Santa Paula, California
Started about a month ago, sometimes engine would crank but wouldn't turn over. Or it would turn over but idle/chug super low around 500 rpm. But eventually would still turn on.

Dad suggested I change the ground wire battery terminal since it was a super cheap one and the ground had caused trouble in the past. After changing the battery terminal car refused to start

Checked if gas was making it to the cylinders. No gas in cylinders but gas in the fuel line (probably from before it stopped running). Realized we couldn't hear the fuel pump turn on when cranking. Replaced fuel pump. Still no turn over or gas to cylinders. Found thread about MPI/MFI relay, thought it was my issue LOL. Found out it was for turbo models only.

Now I'm stuck again. Any help is appreciated. :)

on 420a cars, its usually called the ASD (automatic shut down) relay. here is a pic of where its located. the relay right next to it is the fuel pump relay.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

https://www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=ASD

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back