The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

my key wont open my trunk -_-

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xXEclipse

10+ Year Contributor
Aug 30, 2010
Montrose, California
ok so idk if my key is a valet key cause it locks/unlocks the glove...
also its opened the trunk before ONCE.
does anyone know whats going on...
also whats up with two step trunk release -_- sometimes it works in one shot sometimes it doesnt.. can someone clarify

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

i dont have any others its the key the guy who i bought it from gave it me

also.. sometimes the trunk release requires one pull other times two pulls

Try pulling out the lock cylinder and taking a look at the wafers. You'll understand once it's in your hands.

I had the same problem, I fixed it by adjusting the latch inside the trunk. You need to remove the center panel inside the trunk, and you will see that the latch has 2 bolts that holds it in place. Loosen them a little and adjust up/down until the hatch releases in one turn of the key.

Mine does the same thing. I think its the tumblers inside that are wore out. I have two keys and both of them don't work. Sometimes if Imess with it for a couple minutes it will open but I'd rather just pull the release.

mine does same thing..

Works in ignition and glove box.. but not truck.. and it literally only works sometimes haha

Use WD-40 It worked right away, i cant believe i didnt think of it before -_-

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back