The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Ignition lock malfunction. Wont let me get my key!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DSMTyson

10+ Year Contributor
Nov 9, 2010
Lake Charles, Louisiana
Alright well, i am f ing annoyed. I was doing some logs on link earlier today, i got back after doing a couple and i went to turn my car off and take the key out and.. "WTH why isn't my key turning back all the way." After turning the steering wheel back and forth trying to see if that would work, i gave up.

It wont go back to the "lock position" so i can get the key out.

so does anyone have any idea how i might get my key out?

Last edited:
check the "dummy switch" on the side of the lock cylinder? maybe its stuck. mine does that sometimes. try pushing the button in, and turn the steering wheel see if it'll let you turn the key then

check the "dummy switch" on the side of the lock cylinder? maybe its stuck. mine does that sometimes. try pushing the button in, and turn the steering wheel see if it'll let you turn the key then

I cant find the "dummy switch" button. can you explain best you can exactly where it is?

That happened to me. Try smacking the side of the lock cylinder. That's how I got mine out. If you get it out spray the inside with some graphite lubricant.

LOL I'll try that i guess. I'll pick up some graphite lubricant

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back