The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

My Intro - Nice to meet you!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rvaughn

15+ Year Contributor
Apr 29, 2008
Portland, Oregon
Hello everyone, names Rafe, aka rvaughn. Ive been debating about doing a blog logging my build and have finally decided its time to put up some material. So without further rambeling lets get started! Note this post is purely a "Getting to know you" post, more meat to come shortly!

This is a couple pics of my '97 GSX previous to tear down.

View attachment 3718

This photo is before the two tone scheme I have now, but its one of the better photos I have of the car.

The next photo is gives a decent view of the car, minus a couple of recent goodies, it illustrates the wonderful curb rash of the front bumper and a slight alignment issue with the hood and fenders rather well dont you think? :ohdamn:

I blame high speed bumps and a less then awesome paint job from the previous owners encounter with a bad driver. :toobad: All in all she is clean, but some body stuff will have to follow after the motor build.

View attachment 3722

This photo is from right after I completed the two tone (plasti-dip). I like the look but im worried the car is begining to loose its original color.

View attachment 3719

And finally, a teaser of how she is shaping up now / how she sits as we wait for the stroker from ER!

View attachment 3720
View attachment 3723

Please feel free to comment! :thumb: More to come shortly!

Thanks for the comments guys! I've been fighting the red vs black debate for a while, so the comments are great constructive feedback. I think I'm going to give it one year, if I still can't make up my mind, the dip will be peeled off. Keep the comments coming all!

Lookin tight Buddy!! keep me posted on the build!! god i wish i could either be there to help wrench/bust another knuckle on yours or gut mine and start fresh!! but alas i'll have to live vicariously through you......for now!!

Cars in a holding pattern, having issues with vendor / manufacturer on the pistons. Who'da thought they don't normally stock 6 bolt 2.3L 1400 HD pistons on the shelf (vendor OR manufacturer). More to come later.

Still waiting... Wiesco and MAPerformance have gone cold on me and wont get their acts together... I am extremely dissappointed. Its been 3 months of the car being one week from completion...

HI my name is stephanie i love your mitsu im new to the dsm tuner web site and blogging LOL i dnt do fb or any of that. i have an awd spyder built 2.4 built tranny t28 turbo on 18 lbs i love it i also had a stock gsx wrecked it then traded for a daily driver. it was in the shop for 6months and now keeps spitting out a not reddy at emitions do u know if its because i got the dsm link? anyway your mitsu is sick 2tone or all red

Car is done! 400/400 with full boost by ~3700 rpm and full torque by ~4000... it is snappy. Numbers are slightly lower then i wanted but im told its due to the larger intake mani with the small turbo. With a bigger turbo it will shine anyway! Check my profile for the graph.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back