The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

My First Dyno

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mattasi

15+ Year Contributor
Feb 22, 2008
Springfield, Oregon
I finally went to the dyno!! I live in Oregon so I made the drive up to Washington to English Racing. It was a lot of fun, Lucas tuned it. By the way he is a cool ass dude. I hate taking my car somewere to be worked on so I do everything I can myself. I felt good having someone with their knowledge look at everything, knowing they knew what they were doing. They did the timing belt and some other misc before the dyno. I had the Mitsubishi 20g turbo at 24psi on pump gas, dsm link v3. It made 389hp and 323tq. I really wanted 400hp on paper, but I think after I switch to speed density and retune it will be over 400, we will see. If you have a chance, let me know what you think about my numbers, and thoughts or ideas to get that little bit more power haha...

Attachments

• IMG_1065.jpg
    IMG_1065.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 107
Do you have e85 in your area? That would make the 400 mark easier to get to..Especially with the mod list in your profile..

But nice numbers..

Yea the guys at English kept on saying to switch to E85 but around me there is only one place to get E85 so it would be a bother, otherwise I totally would. Maybe someday they will get more E85 pumps around here.

Ya know I forgot to ask what the IDC's were with all the other questions and such going on. But I think my 660cc are probably maxed out though, and was actually concerned about running out of fuel, so I brought FIC 1050cc, but English couldn't install them without taking off the SHIM and grinding at it to make them fit properly. So we dynoed with the Denso 660cc, everyone at English convinced me that the 660cc were for sure enough for this turbo, they actually said they didn't expect over 300hp with my set-up. Lucas said this car really surprized him, and as my first time at the dyno I was very happy to hear that 389hp called out haha...

I bet you'd make over 400 with some cams, HKS 272 regrinds should be in your future :p

Your TQ would benefit too.

Great numbers, what 20g is that t3/tdo5/tdo6?....really nice for pump, maybe meth will get you there, hope to see similar numbers with the 68hta

I bet you'd make over 400 with some cams, HKS 272 regrinds should be in your future :p

Your TQ would benefit too.

His profile says hes got HKS cams..

Congrats on the numbers, Im hoping to see some similar numbers here soon. My setup is similar to yours, minus the SMIM! And Ive got 1000s waiting to be installed!

throw the 1000cc injectors on, add some meth, and 4-5lbs of boost and youll be in the 400-420whp range

It was the tdo6 turbo with port work. I'm leaning towards adding meth just kinda seems like a bother to keep refilling the bottle, if it goes fast that is. I will read up more on the meth option though because a little more boost would be nice.

It was the tdo6 turbo with port work. I'm leaning towards adding meth just kinda seems like a bother to keep refilling the bottle, if it goes fast that is. I will read up more on the meth option though because a little more boost would be nice.

yeah meth dont waste that bad, but it also depends on your driving habit, pretty much all meth kits come with a boost switch, so you set it at whatever psi you want, so meth wont come on, till you hit the desired psi, for example my friends set it at like 5-8 psi, so regular driving its all good, then when you go WOT after 8psi the meth kicks in and starts spraying..around my town the gallon of m1 meth goes for 5.00, so we fill our vp 5 gallon jug...and that last my brother 1 month or more depending how often he races

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back