The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

My dream car is here!! its about time....one of those long story posts!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yekrahs

Banned Member
Mar 14, 2005
niles, Michigan
Alright well I love when you guys post up your long stories so I thought I would share mine . Well I bought my first 1998 eclipse gst shell before I could even drive legally with a crankwalked 7 bolt for 2000. The car was immaculate the cleanest 2g I've ever seen(until now, read on) red with chrome stock rims tinted. But someone offered me 3500 for it so I figured I would just sell it instead of dropping in a 6 bolt. (sorry still trying to find pics of this car)

A month later after searching I found my next car, a 1996 eclipse gst with a 6 bolt and rebuilt tranny other than that stock. So I started building her for just the 16g daily driver . So the car went from stock to Dsmlink, Denso 660s, walbro 255, ngk wires, evo16g, hks external wastegate off the manifold, ebay fmic, misc guages, turbo timer, poly motor mounts, injen intake, 1g bov, and that was about it. It was pretty quick but I soon learned the disabilities of being fwd . So I decided to sell that car and sold it for $6,000.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Still being younger and naive I wanted to buy a built 1g that was awd (I figured I could find a 1g for cheaper). I had seen an ad for a built 1g past Chicago and my brother needed to go pick up some gears from out there so I figured we would make two trips in one. Keep in mind the biggest turbo I had seen until this point was a frank 4. So after picking up the gears we met up at a gas station and up came the roaring 1g, loud and ugly. He popped the hood and all I could focus on was how clean everything was and the size of the turbonetics t-72 . So he took me for a drive around the block and I was in love. It felt like being in a 10 second car compared to my buddies 12.1 gsx.
Two days later I went to pick up the car with my buddy in his fwd 1g. We met at a mall and it just so happened to be storming like crazy and the mall went on lock down mode. So I waited for the guy to get there not really paying attention or caring how bad the storm was. After he got there I checked it out again and looked at all of the paperwork and everything was legit. I drove her away but when I got about 1 mile down the road I boosted it and it began to studder. No worries probably something simple like spark plug wires. 10 more miles down the road the car overheated through the roof and I had to stop and let her cool down, coincidentally the guy kept 2 jugs of coolant in the back. Topped her off and headed home. Well worst came to worst it was raining and we were stuck in a traffic jam, aka super overheat time:cry: but I kept driving slowly with my heat on full blast. We were getting on the tolls when I realized I didnt have any change so I said #### it express it is and if I get a ticket oh well. Well luckily I drove behind my buddy so if the camera took a picture it would just get my plate not his, buttt I forgot to put my plate on which worked perfectly in my favor .Well eventually I made it about 7 miles from home when the car decided to shut off because of how bad it was overheating. So my buddy knowing I was pissed said, " Dude drive my car and go get coolant" , you better believe I was going about 100 the whole way there with him in the passenger seat (this is at about 2 in the morning mind you). Finally got home time for some sleep. I immediately fixed the studder problem with new wires and the car was a beast. Tuned her through DSMLink and she flew like a bat out of hell. But then came the noise, that Whine noise. Turned out to be broken tranny, transfer case and rear end. The previous owner neglected to tell me tons of seals were bad. So I said #### it and parted her out making about 7800, so not bad.

Well money burnt a hole in my pocket and I bought tons of bullshit things and another 1996 eclipse gst with a 6 bolt, 16g, injectors, exhaust, why...I really dont know was a good deal for 3000 I guess. So this time I was going to do things right do everything I wanted to the car. here she is when I bought her....

Heres what I did to it:
{Rebuilt the 6 bolt with 2g pistons, 1g rods, arp mains and head studs, cometic head gasket, bs removal, etc}PTE dbb 50 trim, tial 40mm wastegate on o2 housing, 660s, walbro, SSAC Short Route, Greddy Type RS, Hallman MBC, Walbro 255 Fuel Pump, Denso 660s, Dsmlink, AEM Wideband, custom o2 housing flanged for tial 40mm redumped back into the o2, 3" exhaust from downpipe no cat, Transmission Pulled out of a 98gst it was rebuilt and has 10k miles on it shifts like butter, ACT 2100, New OEM throw out bearing, KYB struts, Eibach Lowering springs, Brand new break pads, 4 tires less than 1k miles, Autometer boost gauge, Apexi pen style turbo timer, LOC wired into rear speakers ( so you can have a system on a stock headunit), MTX 500w ampm CF hood, Almost complete 97-99 conversion.

So low and behold it was a pretty fast gst and I loved that car, but ever since day one my dream car has been an awd 2g. So I put her up for sale with no luck until about 4 months later I get this email....

"Hi i was looking at your eclipse for sale and i really like what you have done to it... I wondered if you could send me some more photos if you have any... And i also noticed you said you would trade for a built 1G AWD, well i don't have a 1G but i have a built 2G talon with a 91 6bolt motor swapped it. And i am just putting my vehicle up for sale... So i don't know if you would be interested in it. The motor has around 12,200 miles on it. So if your interested in trading let me know i'll send you a pic or 2 of mine..."

I was floored, so we went back and forth and I got him to set up the trade in 2 days after the email because I wasn't letting this car out of my grasp. This is what the car had done to it

Eagle Talon TSI AWD.
Engine:
1991 6bolt engine rebuilt
2g pistons 1g rods
block sand plasted and painted black
1g head
port and polish exhaust and intake ports
1mm oversized valve
titanium valve springs and retainer
3g lifters
Greddy timming belt
all new tensioners and pulleys
Shaved valve cover
Shaved 1g intake manifold
63mm throttle body
Greddy intercooler and pipes
Greddy Catch can and BOV Type S

Exhaust:
Ported exhaust Manifold
EVO Big 16G
3" Apexi N1 Exhaust
Custom 3" Downpipe
Ported and polished Evo O2 housing

Transmission:
ACT 2600 Clutch
ACT Lightweight Flywheel

Fuel:
750CC Injectors
Slowboyracing Fuel rail With FPR and guage
Stainless steel Lines
3000 GT VR4 Fuel pump

Exterior:
Stock body with OEM Front Bumper
95 TSI Side Skirt
Tinted windows and Tails
HID Lights with Stock Head lights

Wheels:
17" Nippon Wheels Painted Titanium

Suspension:
AGX shocks with Tannabe Springs

Interior:
Stock leather seats
Custom mounted Volt. Guage in Cluster
Single pillar mounted boost guage
Center console mounted Oil Press.
Costum mounted Exhaust Temp. Guage
PLX Wide band
AVCR Boost Controller
DSM Link with Laptop.

Electronics:
Sony Flip up Screen
DVD Player

I'm thinking this whole time, man if I were him there would be NO WAY I would trade that car for my gst. Well turns out the guy likes my bigger turbo and doesn't really know what he has, or doesn't realize he can put a bigger turbo on his car. So we meet up half way in between and when he pulled up me and my brother thought, no way that car is wayyy to nice to trade me I'm going to be going home in the same car I drove in. Well after about 5 minutes the titles were signed and I was off . Man I just felt like I was in a dream I still can't believe what I have. Things you dont realize how nice they are to have that this car had: AC, Sunroof, Leather, HIDs, Tv, Crazy wireless wideband, AWDDD, UBER CLEAN, security system...the list goes on and this is the first car with all these nice luxuries. Well I've had it for about 7 hours and I'm still floored and just thought I would tell my dsm experience with the family . I can finally go to the track with all my awd buddies . Its hard to see how nice the car is in those pictures, it has some gold wheels and its so clean looks damn sexy.

Good deal man. :thumb:

(Some of your pics are too large. 700x700 limit)

You're making us jealous over here in Maryland.........that was a great find!!

ok pictures are fixed, daytime shots will be up in about 3 hours!

Congrats I remeber the feeling I had the first time I ever took a ride in a 1g awd talon...... I bought it the following week. And now I've had it for 4 years and just put more money into it LOL.

Here they are as promised!!

let me know what you guys think.....

Very clean, I wish I could find a talon that looked like that.

looks nice man, and thanks for all the comments. She will be getting a dbb 50 trim pretty quick here :D

Yekrahs, is the top half of your tails tinted? (Making sure I an not seeing things.) I will keep an eye out for you when I wander up in that direction. Black 2gb Talon with high toe-nail, bronze rims, tinted tails and side-markers, and a fart-can.

Oh yeah, your profile is out of date. :)

What a wonderful story dude. The way you had everything formatted was just right except for little grammatical errors here and there. I tried not to scroll down to see the pics before I read the entire thing. LOL

You seem like you really know your shit and that Talon is gorgeous.

Thanks everyone I'm just like all of you I can't believe the deal I got, and yes locke the top halfs are tinted, I"ll definetly be cruising around so look for me. Theres tons more on those stories I could elaborate on but I guess its nice once and a while to see a dsmer get the deal of a lifetime:rocks: . After enjoying all of your stories I felt obligated to tell mine.

Awesome deal and car man!! Black 2gb Talons FTW!!

Maybe soon I'll be feeling like you are. I might be picking up my dream car next weekend! (1g awd, 6/4 Combo, Only mod is 2.5" turbo back exhaust)

Aww its my old white gst :(.. glad things are still going good for you..

welllll, i just read your book. Good story man, glad to hear another guy got his dream 2g. I fell upon my tsi awd about 3 months ago and I still feel like I just got it, I love it so much..

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back