The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Rix Racing

My build rough draft.. suggetions welcomed

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oldmanfrost

10+ Year Contributor
Mar 22, 2009
Tampa, Florida
Okay.. I'm Still Doing Maintenance Pretty Much Done Just A Few Things Here And There. The Whole Time I Was Thinking Of What My Goals Are And How I'm Going To Get To There.. Did Some Reading Here And There And Came Up With This List... Any Constructive Criticism Is Welcomed

Goals 350 - 400 Whp Or Low 12's Any Kind Of 11's

Engine - 7 Bolt Block , Forged Internals , Cams 272* Not Sure Of The Brand Yet* , Arp Head-studs

Bolt On's - I Have An 3inch Turbo Back Exhaust And Greddy Type S Bov Already *the Only Thing Po Did Right*, Holset Hx35 Bep Mitsu Housing, Erl Turbo Manifold , Pr O2 Housing And Fmic , Pnp Stock Intake Manifold To Go With Bigger Throttle Body.

Tuning - Wide-band , Emclink V3 *of-course All The Needed Gauges*, Not Sure On What Size Injectors Still Learning ,walbro 255 , Afpr

Drive-train - Ipt Rebuild Kit , Ipt Stall Converter , Ipt Modified Valve Body, Tranny Cooler,

Still Learning On Suspension Stuff... Um Oh Yeah Its Going To Be Pump Gas.. No E85 Around Tampa,fl.. Well that is what I have so far in my rough draft, as said earlier any constructive criticism is welcomed.

Your going to need the pump rewired. I would go with at least 1250cc injectors, in-case you want to up your power later on down the road. Def get arp rod bolts. I know people who run stock felpo hg, but i wouldn't recommend it. DO it rite get a MLS hg. You will have to get head machined tho to run one. Also get a FPR. Get the HKS 272 cams, i have them there awesome. I have je srp pistons 9.5:1 I make boost super quick with them. Also since you have dsmlink v3 run speed density.

Some suggestions:

-1000's will be more than enough on pump
-Be sure to rewire the pump as others have said
-Stock autos are strong with just the "blue wire" mod for full line pressure and a good cooler. A shift kit is somewhat redundant
-Personal experience, a stock or Felpro composite gasket with ARPs will get you very far as long as you are smart with the tune.
-Stock internals can surely hit your goal but a rod upgrade wouldn't be a bad idea. Pistons will take the power no problem.
-A 1g throttle body is all the TB you will need, 2g would work too
-Stock exhaust manifold is just fine; not that an ERL or FP race won't help.
-Kelfords aren't really necessary for those goals especially if you are still on the stock 2g intake mani. 272's would be a better match IMO

I agree with Peepers on the Kelfords, aside from the fact that this number has been made on BCs & FP cams, Delta & FFWD regrinds, going with Kelfords increases the amount of money you will have to spend since springs and retainers become a must at that point.

Like the said above you have a high list for a 300hp application but you can do it with the parts listed. And just a quick question did you dyno the car before you started to tear it down?? Reason for asking a friend of mines dynoed his 1g before doing the same and it gave him a better understanding on what he needed to reach the 300hp mark.

If you're going for that low of a number then just use a stock 7 bolt block. It will hold that power just fine and will be much cheaper.

This just my start up goal..., I always figured 350 - 400 whp was decent.... Maybe since my first car was an Rs I'm still in 420a thinking a bit.. Build engine before adding power

I would say go with the Kelford 272s I have had both the HKS 272s and the BC 272s and there is no comparison.

I have the Kelfords, and while they make more power, there is a significant trade-off for a street car.

He could run HKS or BC 272s on mild springs with stock cam gears and have a relatively streetable setup.

Kelfords require much more aggressive springs, and adjustable cam gears if you want ANY street-ability. Before i changed the way they were degreed my car was an absolute pig below 4K rpm.

The Kelfords are overkill, no way i'd run them for a 450bhp goal.

I have the Kelfords, and while they make more power, there is a significant trade-off for a street car.

He could run HKS or BC 272s on mild springs with stock cam gears and have a relatively streetable setup.

Kelfords require much more aggressive springs, and adjustable cam gears if you want ANY street-ability. Before i changed the way they were degreed my car was an absolute pig below 4K rpm.

The Kelfords are overkill, no way i'd run them for a 450bhp goal.

I actually daily drive my car with them in NY traffic every day. Stock springs and cam gears car runs perfectly fine.

I do agree with the overkill though I got them because I knew i was doing a complete build this winter:thumb:

I actually daily drive my car with them in NY traffic every day. Stock springs and cam gears car runs perfectly fine.

I do agree with the overkill though I got them because I knew i was doing a complete build this winter:thumb:

You must keep the revs damn low because those cams will float valves with stock spring tension.

I bent a few of them.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back