The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

My 420A Race Car!!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes it is a Buddy club 2 kit.......I ordered it from Extreme Diamensions , It is there Polyurathne kit. I didnt want to get a fiberglass kit due to all the problems of touching up and what not.
I think it look hella good with the big FMIC in the front bumper ....also I liked the kit because it was not an aggressive looking body kit. I has really clean lines. And with the Rear bumper and side skirts molded it really sets it off....
also
I dont have door caps either what i had done was the little rain gutter strip that goes along the bottom of the door I had it molded in...basicly the body guy cut astip of metal and welded it in the "gutter" the bondoed over it....

Im not really a fane of body kits but i was surprised how good the body work came out to be...I also have a CF invader hood and CF GT1 style mirrors also

your project is looking really good thus far, I'll be keeping an eye on this thread.

couple quick questions about it, however... might be a bit down the road, but what kind of wheels/tires are you planning on running on this thing? are you planning on going the true fwd drag set up with wide slicks up front? would that cause fitment issues i.e. need modification?

your project is looking really good thus far, I'll be keeping an eye on this thread.

couple quick questions about it, however... might be a bit down the road, but what kind of wheels/tires are you planning on running on this thing? are you planning on going the true fwd drag set up with wide slicks up front? would that cause fitment issues i.e. need modification?

THANK YOU!!!!:)

Well
Im going to run a 13 inch weld racing import magnum....NOW I know that a 13 will not fit over our brake calipers......so we WERE going to just put a smaller rotor and caliper package on it BUT due to the lack of 13inch rims that have the 5X114 bolt patter and since it is veryhard to find the Weld rims now a days.........

We are going to switch ALL the brakes front and back to ones off of a civic...so the bolt pattern will change to a 4X110. With a upgraded rotor BUT not a bigger one, and an Upgraded Willwood 4piston caliper also,.........
That way it is much eaiser to find the rims and use a 13inch rim also..............
Why a 13 inch rim because i want to hve as much side wall as possible
NOW
since i will have a civic rotor,....My axles are goin to have to be custom. Drive Shaft Shop is going to make me an axle with one side "the sie into the rotor" being the civic spline count and the other side "the side that mates to the tranny" an Eclipse spline count...........

And YES i will run BIG slicks up front and Skinnies in back

Well
Im going to run a 13 inch weld racing import magnum....NOW I know that a 13 will not fit over our brake calipers......so we WERE going to just put a smaller rotor and caliper package on it BUT due to the lack of 13inch rims that have the 5X114 bolt patter and since it is veryhard to find the Weld rims now a days.........

We are going to switch ALL the brakes front and back to ones off of a civic...so the bolt pattern will change to a 4X110. With a upgraded rotor BUT not a bigger one, and an Upgraded Willwood 4piston caliper also,.........
That way it is much eaiser to find the rims and use a 13inch rim also..............
NOW
since i will have a civic rotor,....My axles are goin to have to be custom. Drive Shaft Shop is going to make me an axle with one side "the sie into the rotor" being the civic spline count and the other side "the side that mates to the tranny" an Eclipse spline count...........

ok i have to step in here, WHY would you change the brakes to fit 13s, why not just put 15inch welds on there and have NO FITMENT ISSUES and keep your braking power.
also save MONEY IN THE LONG RUN to put it in other areas that make sense.
15s are fine if you need the magnum caLL WELD THEMSELVES AND HAVE IT MADE CUSTOM , do 15x9 with a 3 or 4inch max offset 5x and get M&H race master slicks

Well

NOW

ok i have to step in here, WHY would you change the brakes to fit 13s, why not just put 15inch welds on there and have NO FITMENT ISSUES and keep your braking power.
also save MONEY IN THE LONG RUN to put it in other areas that make sense.
15s are fine if you need the magnum caLL WELD THEMSELVES AND HAVE IT MADE CUSTOM , do 15x9 with a 3 or 4inch max offset 5x 4-1/2 and get M&H race master slicks, maybe http://www.jegs.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_10001_10002_752027_-1_36680 i would be looking at the 26"x 8.3"-15.
or you could just get the weld draglites like i got which weigh in at 11pounds per rims with tire on and the whole setup with lugnuts, rims and slicks cost me $700 shipped and then all you need is extended wheels studs from arp ( USE EVO8 ONES).
THERE ARE SO MANY OPTIONS ON JEGS.COM THAT I CANT BELIEVE YOU WOULD WANT TO DO SOME FABRICATION THAT IS REALLY NOT NEEDED AND IM SURE SOMEONE HAS HAD THE WELD MAGNUMS CUSTOM MADE FOR 5X114.3 ALREADY, MAYBE FOR A BUTTSTANG OR SOMETHING, YOU MIGHT EVEN BE ABLE TO FIT THE 15X10 WITH THE 3inch OFFSET AND A SMALL WHEEL SPACER!!!
if you need more info or help please let me know.

ok
I dont see anything wrong with 15 either
BUT
I want to run 13's because of the added side wall.....als othe SFWD has regulations on how big of a slick you can use 25 x 9 x 13 or 15 is the biggest tire i an run for my catogory.
also since im going to upgrade my brkes anyways it just is easier to order a front drag brake upgrade for a civic its not very expensive like 750$ from www.fastbrakes.com and only minor fabrication to the spinlde is needed to put the brakes on.
and
since im going to change the suspension to a double wishbone insted of a mcpherson strut. It really dosent bother me to do a little bit more work.
also
the coilovers i have are form QA1 and are intended for a civic, the are valved and spring rated for drag racing.....14k front and 18k in the rear....but getting the coilovers on the car is another part of the whole suspension conversion also

I hear what you are saying and i have no problem with that but it is just not for me ....I want to do some thing really, really different and stand out.....
plus i amming for 9's and 150mph + traps

DSM-ZERO said:
change the suspension to a double wishbone insted of a mcpherson strut

McPherson struts provide a kingpin and mounting point for the wheel. 2g DSM's use a multi-link suspension to provide a kingpin line, and mount the wheel, with standard struts.

Any vehicle with upper control arms, does not use McPherson struts.

13" wheels do fit on our stock brakes

then what dose the backspacing have to be at
....you let me know because.....EVERYONE i ask this too seems to never know the answer ......but they all seem to know that 13's will fit....
and were can i find a set of 13inch drag rims that have our bolt pattern. Because every 13 i see only come in a 4x100 or 110 bolt pattern

That is the only and main reason why i want to do the 4 bolt conversion

McPherson struts provide a kingpin and mounting point for the wheel. 2g DSM's use a multi-link suspension to provide a kingpin line, and mount the wheel, with standard struts.

Any vehicle with upper control arms, does not use McPherson struts.

The upper stock strut tower mounting point will not change. Nor will any of the lower mounting points.
The upper
control arms will be fabricated and the lower wishbone will be also. As far as the spindle the shop might just modify the stock one OR "probley what they will do" use a civic spindle

Oh, sorry, I am not arguing with you, your choice of Honda suspension, or how it will attach.

I was just pointing-out/correcting a misnomer that I see frequently. Submitting information to the community, thats all.

I am paying attention to this thread, I am particularly curious how your crazy :) suspension setup will come along. Do you have a time line for the car, as a whole?

no its cool im not mad or anything
everything you said is true....

I know it sounds crazy, outlandish, stupid, retarded.....but the civic/integra suspension conversion...IMO will put this car on the map and will be eaiser to tune the suspension. how it acts and how it is set up too will be eaiser also. PLUS i alredy have the coil over for the civic with the custom rates.....so theres no turning back now muhahahahah

yes i do have a time line the end of july before i get home from my deployment

IF you REALLY think you're going to hit 9's and/or 10's.

You REALLY should consider swapping to an automatic transmission. Seriously.

meh...just let the thread die for now, and he can make a new one when the time as come for him to strut his stuff or admit failure

Yeah that would be a good idea. Alot of drag cars use heavy duty automatic transmissons to aid the the SPEED process. I think IPTtransmissons specailize in race transmission. I think that they are a shop listed on dsmtuner. Good luck on the 700 hp. I support you. Why should the 4G63 get all the damn hight horsepower numbers! Go 420a ftw!!!!!! :thumb:

then what dose the backspacing have to be at
....you let me know because.....EVERYONE i ask this too seems to never know the answer ......but they all seem to know that 13's will fit....
and were can i find a set of 13inch drag rims that have our bolt pattern. Because every 13 i see only come in a 4x100 or 110 bolt pattern

That is the only and main reason why i want to do the 4 bolt conversion

bogarts make ones that fit. not sure on spacing as they had spacers. which i forget which they were. i dont remember i havent worried about it since im running 26s on 15s now

automatic is #1 boring (trust me on this one) and #2 ghay, but to be consistent is a good thing.
let the man go 9s like im planning with alot less work than that maniac, you will all see me and dsmzero will have one thing in common and that IS WE WILL BE CHANGING TRANNIES IN BETWEEN RUNS OR EVERY OTHER RUN, i know we will because trannies are lasting me about one to track visits and beating on the street equaling about two weeks at only 443whp. i wonder how quick these GLASS TRANNIES will go once im making 600+, maybe i should have a long talk to shep and get him to take a long look into making these trannies a little more stonger, i know these trannies have alot in common with srt4 trannies and there are companies that do srt4 trannies so maybe that is a good starting point.

A company will never consider R&D on a new project unless they think there is a profitable market for it. If enough of us (and the Neon guys) bother certain companies enough, they will be more likely to look into developing something for us.

A company will never consider R&D on a new project unless they think there is a profitable market for it. If enough of us (and the Neon guys) bother certain companies enough, they will be more likely to look into developing something for us.

Yeah, the problem with that is that the trannies hold up so nice under 443 ;) . Even the Neon guys have little problems with the trannies themselves. Certainly a curiosity about the SRT tranny (though I have done 0 research on them). It was obviously made to put up with more power.

MB

I wonder if a SRT-4 tranny will work with an adaptor plate?????

What goes wrong with our trannies .....What are you braking??
Let me know so maybe i can figure something out.

I wonder if a SRT-4 tranny will work with an adaptor plate?????

I'm almost positive that it won't. I don't know about the input shaft spline count or anything, but that aside, it does use an equal length half-shaft setup, which indicates to me that it's oriented drastically different in relation to the block than in our cars.

Do some research though... you might find otherwise.

automatic is #1 boring (trust me on this one) and #2 ghay, but to be consistent is a good thing.
let the man go 9s .

Yes consistency is key at that level. The guy has never driven a fast FWD car before. He's doing a huge ass build-up with a high HP car and claiming 9's and 10's before he's even driven a car wtih 300-400 HP. It's not like a video game where you hook up the car and shoot down the track with a button. It's going to take ALOT of driving experience and skill to get there. ALOT.

Unless he's had years of racing imports, FOR HIM I would definately recommend a automatic transmission. I'm surprised no one has mentioned this before.

While you guys swap trannies every week or two, whynot take the time to find someone whom can rebuild with stronger pinions, and withstand the long term, high powered abuse for the racing season. If you ask me, BOTH of you will be changing the tranny AND motor every other week. Maybe not now, but once you reach those 1/4 times on a regular basis; it's inevitable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back