The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

My 420A Race Car!!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Raph said:
your car already has a "trick double wishbone" from the factory set up.. what do you mean by "Double wishbone conversion"?

Actually, our suspension from the factory is multi-linked at all four corners. The lower front "control arms" are split. More modern than double wishbone. I would assume a conventional double wishbone would be sturdier. Who knows. I am sure he has his reasons. (I hope)

alot of the reason for the suspension and brakes is to be able to run a 13x8 inch rim.......the suspension components are from an Acura integra type R "modified" of course along with an integra 4 lug brake rotor for the smaller brakes......
and just for the simple lack of not enough aftermarket support for the suspension also

Im using QA1 coilovers that are made for an integra thay are a custom dampner and spring too....pretty trick stuff....cant wait to see the finished suspension stuff

I have called the guys over there at PFI and they are sending me pics of the finished cage and parachute mount and window net also.....along with some of the work that is alredy done to the suspension.:dsm:

I hope to push this car into the nines

The car should weigh in at 2400pounds with me in it once i get rid of all the extra weight...i hope atlest ...or it will still be lighter in the end

Hey Paul, correct me if I'm wrong (cause I often am :p ) but I thought Hahn was in the 10.7's?

I suspect that Trevor will beat that this year (if he stays in).

Good luck on the 700whp.

MB

i dont think trevor will be breaking any kind of record with any 420a i know of, SINCE MY NAME IS JUSTIN hahaha:thumb: , Trevor of TREVTEC is the shop owner and i am the mechanic and owner of the car just an FYI. :p

700hp i think can be done but im sure he will be going the dynojet route, so be a man and get that thing on a mustang dyno and put down that 600 or so heheheh J/K.
i deffinetely would like to line up with you (dsm-zero) and im sure it is going to take a while to learn how to drive a high hp FWD car so be patient with it and dont get discouraged and ALWAYS remember BREAKING IS RACING or vise-versa, hopefully you get that beast done and we can swap records back and forth this season to make the community a little more interesting for all the 13sec guys and get them motivated to make the 1/4 mile list look a little more respectable.
as it has been said over and over before LETS GET READY TO RUMBLE!!!!!!!!!!:dsm: :thumb:

I feel like this whole thread is bench racing. There's no way you know what kind of times you will be running at all. Dyno numbers do not equate to track times. Simple as that. That's why you'll see 1200HP supraa running high 12's. Once you reach that level of HP, 400+ I'd say, it's about putting the traction to the ground and moving. Not only that, but driver skill is very important at this stage. You are finessing the motions at a much faster and accurate rate. It's not something you learn overnight.

Just my .02.

BTW, awddynamite, like I've stated before, alot of us rely on these cars every day. They're daily drivers for us. If we could afford to do extensive mods, or, choose to atleast, we certainly would. But once you dip into 11's and low, low 12's, it's almost become a fill fledged race car. This is speaking in the 420a terms, not in general by any means.

OP- Are you using nitrous at all?

my 2gnt is my daily, sucky part about that is the trannies do not like spinning the tires at 120mph for some unknown reason:beatentodeath: :nono: , also dyno numbers do equate to better et's at the track, the reason people you see with these high hp cars running slow ass times is because most of them are rich spoiled kids or well off adults who just want a fast car and have no idea how to drive, trust me on this we have several customers that we have built there cars and run poop numbers all day long, it is life and you just have to deal with it.
a 12sec 2gnt running on the street would not be that hard to keep together at all, hell i did it for a long while ON THE STOCK LONG BLOCK and had no problems running 16psi every day all day even in 110+ degree heat in the summer time, just takes basic maintenence.

i am not a bench racer at all, LETS JUST GET THIS BALL ROLLING AND HAVE A 2GNT SHOOTOUT THIS SEASON!!!

Yea i think everything you guys are saying is true....

Will it be fast????
will i even run a 10?????
will i even hit any sort of hp at all?????

who knows BUT we just have to see what i do i hope everything is done by july so i can start getting some seat time ...
I plan on running in the NHRA sport FWD class next season once all my R & D and tunning is done.
Plans are alredy in effet to run a GT42R TURBO!!!! but i might keep the 40r because of the long geared tranny.

I hope maybe all the fastest 420a could meet up and run them, that wold be awsome!!!!

I also have another 2gnt......which is my silver one......that is my daily driver.

hey AWDDYNAMITE

I have seen video of your car on www.streetfire.net everytime i watch it...it motivates me to push my car past the limits and just go faster....

I must have watch that video like a 1000 times.
It gave me goose bumbs the first time i saw it...

Your my hero

pics of the twin disc kevlar / kevlar

I hate the way this clutch attaches itself to the flex plate soooooo i have put an aditional 4 more bolt through the flew plate for more clamping force:dsm:

Attachments

• mod clutch 4.JPG
    mod clutch 4.JPG
    26.2 KB · Views: 3,354
  • mod clutch 5.JPG
    mod clutch 5.JPG
    26.5 KB · Views: 3,339
hey man its ryan burnett from aurora.. i can't believe you are still messing around with a turbo'd RS! Hats off to you for sticking to it.. Can't wait to see it blow away my 97 gsx!

hey whats up man!!!!

Yes i still have the rs haha BUT it has come along way from when you seen it last. It in Ft collins right now at PFI

THanks Everyone for there support also

IN RED : That big chunck on metal circle in red is going to be removed and replaced with a support structre made of tube alum. it will also incorprate a new solid rear mount

IN GREEN : This cross beam sill also be replaced with tube alum. and will have a new front solid mount too

IN BLUE : The fuse box im relocating and hiding it so it will no longer be in the engine bay. This is also apart of the wire tuck and hide that is going to be done. To give it a more cleaner engine bay look

Attachments

• explain mod 8.JPG
    explain mod 8.JPG
    27 KB · Views: 3,272
also dyno numbers do equate to better et's at the track, the reason people you see with these high hp cars running slow ass times is because most of them are rich spoiled kids or well off adults who just want a fast car and have no idea how to drive, trust me on this we have several customers that we have built there cars and run poop numbers all day long

Can't be more true. I see it all the time at the track. Most of the cars I beat (if not all) have more hp than me. But the dyno should be used as a tuning tool to see how your changes affect the power of your car.

LETS JUST GET THIS BALL ROLLING AND HAVE A 2GNT SHOOTOUT THIS SEASON!!!

Justin (yeah, that's right, I said JUSTIN. Goddamn alzheimers/dyslexia ROFL ), you make me laugh. Didn't you say just last year you were selling the car? And NOW, you're amped up about the 2GNT's, :p ? I'm diggin' it :thumb: . I love the fact that we have some friendly competition going. You guys know you only have about a year of this and then you may have to contend with another, right :sneaky: ?

2GNT SO? I'm in

MB

Edit: Thanks, Paul, for letting this fly. It's so rare that we have these discussions about the 2gnt.

first props to DSM-Zero looks like you have a good goal and and headed in the right direction.awddynamite i wouldnt mind lining up with ya.;) My car will be running in a couple weeks. Long Rod Kit, built head, 35r, MSnS and plenty of tuning on the dyno and street looking to hit mid to low 10's. i have been researching 420a's for a while jsut never really posted on here or any NT forum for that matter LOL, but i definitely second a 420a shootout.

Good News
its a couple weeks old but new to me

The shop got the block from being O-ringed and have assyembled it
8.8:1 JE pistons 20 over
eagle rods
Polished and tear droped journals
everything balanced....
mopar water pump
The oil pump is one from Mhule.....now i didnt think that the oil pump would be able to keep up with the demand at high rpm soooooo i had the spring shimed , so it will up the pressure.
also
the block as O-ringed so i can hold more boos t with out the head gasket letting go. Or at least it will help out even more at higher boost levels.

So
the motor is going in and there going to start to the manifold, downpipe, exhaust, IC piping, and wiring too.

the suspension stuff is getting put on hold because it ig going to take the longest.

I hope in the next few weeks ill get some sick pictures of the turbo set up for everyone to see!!

I just have a question, I dont mean to come off offensive but are you doing the work yourself or are you having shops do it for you. Because you said your not here etc. I'm just wondering.

I just have a question, I dont mean to come off offensive but are you doing the work yourself or are you having shops do it for you. Because you said your not here etc. I'm just wondering.

its ok im not offended

www.pfispeed.com is doing all the work on the rae car..

I also have a silver 98 2GNT wich i have done all the work on myself but that car is my daily driver.

Yeah DSM Zero, is off in the middle east somewhere right??? Either way he's away, and its hard to prepare any car urself if your not around to do it. He's done the research and dipped into a 420a engine before, and I'm sure when he gets back he's gonna have to find out where everything is installed and hidden so he can work on it himself as well.

Also I wouldn't really classify this as bench racing, alot of research went into buidling the car, and when people build cars they have a horsepower level and quarter mile goal in mind, and if you calculate the wight of the car, and its horsepower, you can get a ratio of what its capeable of running, but like blitz and bullet said, its up to the driver to prove it. Like in a nice game of "horse"

I'd probably be rocking one of those 12sec daily driven 420a Turbo's if I didn't make some key mistakes when building the car, and then money comes in slower and priorities shuffle.

AS for everyone in the community getting to the track, please do, and please post your experiences, good or bad, I just think were so used to seeing the same thing, over and over again, we forget that their are new innovations and people like DSM-Zero doing interesting things.

I just got word from the shop that my

Solid lifters and Custom race gind turbo cams from Darrell Cox Racing arrived

Im still waiting on new pics from the shop

I lifters are good for 11k RPM !!!!!!!

as far as the cams the specs on them are TOP SECRET!!! but Darrell Cox says they will blow away anything on the market right now

Wow...I guess I've missed a lot since the last time I logged in here. I'm not gonna say much about putting this and that and that and this on my replacement 2gnt, but I'll definitely make a post outta nowhere when I feel like I'm on the map again :thumb:

Your telling me your pushing 700HP FROM A 4 BANNGER!?!? I didn't think that was possible

Status
Not open for further replies.
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back