The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

MS1 Extra need help with tach and speedo

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GSTurbo1

10+ Year Contributor
May 2, 2012
Pickens, SC, South_Carolina
Ok guys I need help with my tach and speedo. So far I have neither, I know how to get into the megasquirt program from my computer. It is a MS1 extra V 3.0... any help will be greatly appreciated. What do I need to do to get it working?

Thanks,

Jason

What are you doing with the tach and speedo? Your trying to setup MS to control the factory rpm and speedo gauges?(the VSS itself controls the speedo gauge) Do you have the circuit in your MS to put out an RPM signal?

I'm not sure man.... My engine has been taken out and beefed up, I guess that they were never hooked back up when it was dropped back in. What and where do I need to check on these?

I'm not sure man.... My engine has been taken out and beefed up, I guess that they were never hooked back up when it was dropped back in. What and where do I need to check on these?
Were the gauges working before the engine was taken out, but after the MegaSquirt ECU was installed? Or did they stop working as soon as you installed your MegaSquirt system?

The previous owner told me this car has a bad factory ECU in it and had MS installed to bypass all that, the MS unit that was installed in it does not have the tach output feature installed on it.

i switched ecu's and that seems to not be the problem. I know the guy that originally built it and they said TDC in sburg cut corners when Dropping the engine back in

TDC never put the motor in, the last guy that owned it did. All TDC did was install the MS unit.

What he probably didn't say is that the whole mess started because one of his 4g friends tried to install an AFC and burnt the ecu and what not, so instead of buying an ecu he decided to go ms and trailered his car to the shop. Not saying that they didn't cut corners just trying to make sure you know the story behind the car!

dang... looks like I got myself in kind of deep. I have it running pretty smooth just some odds and ends that need to be tied down.

Well, you can always have the tach circuit installed. Like Gruff said, the speedometer gets its signal from the VSS. There's either a break in the wiring between the VSS and gauge, the VSS isn't powered, or the sensor is just broken.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back