The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

tach output help

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MS1? You should be able to jumper the FIdle output to the appropriate pin on the processor for TachO use. You could also use a small protoboard and build a separate circuit too. Up to you.

Trying to build a tach output for my megasquirt. I will be us using the fast idle pin. Wanted to know if anyone else used this pin for tach. Also can this circuit be built externally. http://msextra.com/doc/ms2extra/General_Pix/LowVTacho.GIF
Which board do you have (v2.2/v3.0/v3.57)? Like Dave asked, are you using MS1, MS2, or MS3? For MS1, the FIDLE pin on the processor can't generate a tach signal like it can with MS2/MS3. You would be better off using JS0, JS1, JS2, JS3, JS7, or pin 10 if you can. You could build the circuit externally, but it would be better to build it inside the enclosure.

Sorry about that. Took a chance an went with above diagram. In the proto area. Going from cpu pin js11, then built diagram going out to spr1. From spr1 to white wire under glove box. My tach works now. Decide to use F idle for cooling fans.

Side note ms2 ver 3

Sorry about that. Took a chance an went with above diagram. In the proto area. Going from cpu pin js11, then built diagram going out to spr1. From spr1 to white wire under glove box. My tach works now. Decide to use F idle for cooling fans.

Side note ms2 ver 3
For MS2/v3.0, it sounds like you got it all right.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back