The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

Megasquirt and speedo

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoCalK61000

10+ Year Contributor
Dec 25, 2011
Riverside, California
Ok so I got the full stand alone MSII up and running fairly good and now I want my speedo back. Any input on this? I've found a bunch of info on auto to manual swaps and the same issue but nothing on how to get it working with ms

Ok so I got the full stand alone MSII up and running fairly good and now I want my speedo back. Any input on this? I've found a bunch of info on auto to manual swaps and the same issue but nothing on how to get it working with ms
The speedometer gets its signal directly from the VSS; the MegaSquirt wiring doesn't touch this. The speedometer should still be working unless you removed the stock PCM. If that's the case, you need to connect the VSS to power and ground (the "TPS Vref" wire in your MegaSquirt harness will work as a power source).

VelocitàPaola;153083073 said:
The speedometer gets its signal directly from the VSS; the MegaSquirt wiring doesn't touch this. The speedometer should still be working unless you removed the stock PCM. If that's the case, you need to connect the VSS to power and ground (the "TPS Vref" wire in your MegaSquirt harness will work as a power source).

Yeah I'm running full stand alone no more factory PCM at all. You have the pinout for the VSS? What wire needs power and what one ground?

Search its around somehwere. you will also need to find the wire in the cluster to tap into for "signal from VSS".. Black is grouns, IIRC, white is signal? Leaving the 3rd wire.. Check out the Eletrical section in the FSM.. you will find it there.

Yeah I'm running full stand alone no more factory PCM at all. You have the pinout for the VSS? What wire needs power and what one ground?

Search 2gnt.com as it has been covered several times. Download the FSM in PDF format and check wiring diagram for colors and pin assignments.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back