The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

MS install so far with pics.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sorry about posting pics of the rims in this forum but I just had to. Back on topic now..... My wideband stopped sending a signal to the ms unit now so I have to do a little trouble shooting. The gauge still works fine so maybe the wire got cut going to the ms. I have to look at that again.

hey selmer and talon, think you guys could send me your ve tables, i wanna give em a try:sneaky: oh and selmer, nice wheels but get some black lugs and itll be pimper

I wont because my map is changing so much. I bet Sam's is as well. You should never really try other peoples maps. Its one thing to compare maps to see how each bin relates to one another but to just try each one your not accomplishing anything. If your trying to avoid tuning then you are just spinning your wheels sort-o-speak.

I provide a map for anyone i build a MS for just to get them started. Even my map on another car with the same mods will not be accurate, tuning will need to be done.

Terry

could you possibly make up a MSQ and VE table for me, i was one of the guys who fell to the MR. Slick con and was left with nothing to work on but other peoples stuff. I obviously know tuning will need to be done, but im starting off with setups not even close to my own. i will be willing to paypal you some $$ if the need be, for the files. Lemme know and ill PM or IM you my setup.

what does the MS use for a crank postion sensor? i got a haltech in my car and sadly it has been sitting in my drive way for months, ive been real busy. the onlything keeping me from starting my tuning process is getting the haltech the crank postion so any info would be a huge help
thanks

420aVOS said:
what does the MS use for a crank postion sensor? i got a haltech in my car and sadly it has been sitting in my drive way for months, ive been real busy. the onlything keeping me from starting my tuning process is getting the haltech the crank postion so any info would be a huge help
thanks

MS doesn't use crankshaft/camshaft position sensor input... unfortunately. I've been looking into a way to get it to work with the stock sensors; however, this will likely be a long project that someone will finish before me.

yeah after many long hours on the phone, and alot of "let me transfer you to someone that might be able to help" i was told the only way to get the stock crank sensor to work was to grind my own relucter wheel into the crank. however electromotive makes a after market bolt on crank sensor, has anyone heared anything good bad or otherwise about it??

Your first post inspired Chris and I to go into an hour long research frenzy... we eventually did find a way to utilize the stock 420A crank sensor with MS for MSnS-E. This way you can keep everything distributor-less, but still have precise control over spark. Unfortunately, because MS only has so many drivers, the output in in a "wasted spark" configuration; meaning, all plugs fire at the same time, regardless of whether or not the cylinder is under full compression.

Here's the schematic to adapt MS for the 420A crank sensor...
http://megasquirt.sourceforge.net/extra/setup-neon.html

Just to let you guys know, do not directly wire your innovate wideband output to the ms. You need to put a resistor inline or you will ruin your wideband. I never knew this and now both mo my analog outputs on my lc-1 are messed up. Oh well live and learn.

...hmm, is this just a problem with the Innovate, or all wideband outputs ie zeitronix?

im using the PLX m300, it came with a "noise filtering Capacitor" it said to install inline when hooking it up to a EMS. But no resistor.

The way it was explained to me: During cranking the o2 input on the ms will actually send a current out. This messes up the analog output on the innovate wideband.

VelocitàPaola said:
Your first post inspired Chris and I to go into an hour long research frenzy... we eventually did find a way to utilize the stock 420A crank sensor with MS for MSnS-E. This way you can keep everything distributor-less, but still have precise control over spark. Unfortunately, because MS only has so many drivers, the output in in a "wasted spark" configuration; meaning, all plugs fire at the same time, regardless of whether or not the cylinder is under full compression.

Here's the schematic to adapt MS for the 420A crank sensor...
http://megasquirt.sourceforge.net/extra/setup-neon.html

The 2GNT crank sensor has been decoded for at least 2 years now. All the MS kits i sell have had the schematic designed into them. I thought that was clear.

I have never had this problem with my wideband.....interesting you were told to put a resistor inline. I would expect this to throw off the value in the AFR and result in the MS running rich.

does anyone know of a way to get the crank sensor to work on a haltech??

and yeah a resistor would mess up the reading they proly ment a diode (for those that dont know what that is think a one way check valve for electricty)

420aVOS said:
does anyone know of a way to get the crank sensor to work on a haltech??

and yeah a resistor would mess up the reading they proly ment a diode (for those that dont know what that is think a one way check valve for electricty)
yep thats the one

Sam can you post the link to MSEFI where that was discussed, or was it a private conversation with another MS member? That would be good info for future use. My techedge has never had an issue with this, unless the output wire already has protection which i would need to look at the schematics to chk it.

What was the P/N on the Diode? If this is truely a problem i can start installing the Diode on the MS board to keep the wiring clean.

Terry

Selmerguy roughly how many hours did it take wiring MS up. I am almost there and I just wanted to know what to expect. Motor is almost ready to drop in.

greenmeanie99 said:
Selmerguy roughly how many hours did it take wiring MS up. I am almost there and I just wanted to know what to expect. Motor is almost ready to drop in.
The wireing didnt take long at all. Maybe an hour. I cheated and used a couple of tees to put in the extra two sensors. The hardest thing is getting the car to start.(at least for me) Also Terry sent me an extra injectors harness. This helped alot and mkaes it easy to go back to the stock ecu when ever I need to go do emmisions.

Oh yea? I might have to try that (teeing the sensors). As for emissions I have a hook up. I thought you still needed the OEM ECU for some other reasons non related to Engine management.

greenmeanie99 said:
Oh yea? I might have to try that (teeing the sensors). As for emissions I have a hook up. I thought you still needed the OEM ECU for some other reasons non related to Engine management.
I still use it. It just does not control fuel right now. I have heard of people not using it at all. I am sure it is possable.

umm...where's that write-up traitor :toobad:

Well just send me all the pics you got and any useful info ie: certain power/ground etc issues or tidbits of info that will help me with my install. I feel like installing my zeitronix and megasquirt now that my car actually moves :rocks:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back