The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Using Stock Sensors with MS-II

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tec_41

10+ Year Contributor
Nov 23, 2008
West Bend, Wisconsin
I was reading that I'd be able to use the stock IAT and coolant sensors with MS-II, but what's the proper way to do this? If I just cut the wire and run it to the MS ECU I would imagine that'd mess with the fan controls and everything. Do I splice into the wire and leave it hooked up to both ECU's?

Same thing goes for the IAT sensor...Thanks for any help!

I was reading that I'd be able to use the stock IAT and coolant sensors with MS-II, but what's the proper way to do this? If I just cut the wire and run it to the MS ECU I would imagine that'd mess with the fan controls and everything. Do I splice into the wire and leave it hooked up to both ECU's?

Same thing goes for the IAT sensor...Thanks for any help!

No. You use your stock sensors if you are running standalone, two ECUs cannot share the same sensor.

Thanks for the reply. My initial plan was to leave the stock ECU in place and do the minimum wiring, like Bullett's guide...but he uses the extra aftermarket sensors- 2GNT.com -

So are you saying I can just take the signal wires off of these 2 sensors, and send them straight to the Megasquirt ECU? If this is right, how does the radiator fan know when to kick in?

Last edited by a moderator:
So are you saying I can just take the signal wires off of these 2 sensors, and send them straight to the Megasquirt ECU?
As long as you're running your MS as a standalone controller, then yes. You'll also have to ground the other wires where the MS is grounded.

If this is right, how does the radiator fan know when to kick in?
If you've removed the stock PCM, there's nothing to turn the fans on at all. You typically connect a programmable/general purpose output from your MS to the fan control relay and tell it when to activate the fans.

VelocitàPaola;152693785 said:
As long as you're running your MS as a standalone controller, then yes. You'll also have to ground the other wires where the MS is grounded.

If you've removed the stock PCM, there's nothing to turn the fans on at all. You typically connect a programmable/general purpose output from your MS to the fan control relay and tell it when to activate the fans.

If I'm going to keep the stock PCM, then I would need to add the GM sensors for Megasquirt to read from, correct?

Perfect, thank you.

I ran into a little issue with the wiring harness from Symtech Labs...here is a photo of my harness compared to the wiring guide from Symtech Labs

Note how in the Symtech guide it shows the blue injector wire closer to the outside next to the brown and purple wires. But my actual harness has the GREEN injector wire closer to the outside.

Look like a mistake in the harness?

Attachments

• IMG_20110821_131535.jpg
    IMG_20110821_131535.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 96
  • 420A_MS_Wiring_Guide.jpg
    420A_MS_Wiring_Guide.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 85
Perfect, thank you.

I ran into a little issue with the wiring harness from Symtech Labs...here is a photo of my harness compared to the wiring guide from Symtech Labs

Note how in the Symtech guide it shows the blue injector wire closer to the outside next to the brown and purple wires. But my actual harness has the GREEN injector wire closer to the outside.

Look like a mistake in the harness?
There may have been a change in the harness that isn't reflected in the diagram you posted. Either way, it doesn't really matter. You'll be using batch injection so using channel two as channel one makes no difference.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back