The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support ExtremePSI

More broken clutch springs

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBDdsmer610

15+ Year Contributor
Mar 4, 2006
easton, Pennsylvania
ok so i have been having the worst luck with clutches. For some reason i keep breaking springs. I was running an exeddy stage 1 clutch put about 3600 miles on it and i broke springs im tired of these sprung disks. I want something that is streetable (daily driving) that wont break. i once ran a 2600 with a sprung disk and i had no problems but i dont think i want to go sprung this time. i need some help here guys i want something that will hold atleast 7000 revs and still shift fine but i still want it to hold pretty much whatever i throw at it. help me out here guys. This will be the fourth clutch i've had in less that a year and a half.

I am using a clutchnet kevlar disc that is sprung on the hub. It has a captured spring design that seems better. I mixed this kevlar disc with an ACT p.plate. It bites with a surprising amount of grip after not driving it for a few days. Tres...

I got the clutch from my friend it only had 100 miles on it and when i had it in the car i only went to about 3000-3300rpm's when shifting and i broke it in for about 1000-1200 miles.

Make sure you have all the block-transmission alignment dowels. If you don't I can see how it can be slightly mis-aligned enough to put pressure on the clutch disc and break the springs over time.

Everything is linned up fine i just dont know what to go with this time i was thinking an ACT 2600 with 4 puck unsprung plate

ok so i have been having the worst luck with clutches. For some reason i keep breaking springs. I was running an exeddy stage 1 clutch put about 3600 miles on it and i broke springs im tired of these sprung disks. I want something that is streetable (daily driving) that wont break. i once ran a 2600 with a sprung disk and i had no problems but i dont think i want to go sprung this time. i need some help here guys i want something that will hold atleast 7000 revs and still shift fine but i still want it to hold pretty much whatever i throw at it. help me out here guys. This will be the fourth clutch i've had in less that a year and a half.

I'm constantly researching clutches; I'd probably buy a clutchenet disk, and a 2600 pp on my nest clutch. Because of the spring thing. Clutchent clutches have this special design to prevent the springs from ####ing you up.

ClutchNet Manufacturing USA :: Search results

I was literary just reading about them when i read your post. Thought i'd share.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back