The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

Broken clutch element?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HaveSomeJoe

15+ Year Contributor
Jun 3, 2007
Portland, Maine
I'm probably going to be replacing my pedal assembly and master cylinder (just replaced slave) and you can check my recent posts to see my problem, I can't get my clutch to disengage.

At first I had about 3 inches of clutch pedal movement, and it rested very low to the floor. But it would still disengage the clutch, BARELY, all the way to the floor. I took out the assembly and saw that the nut that holds the shaft to the lever was very loose, it had somehow backed itself off. There was also some wear. I tightened it and welded it but I still can yank the pedal back an inch. The assembly could just be twisted and bent but I'm curious to know if something could have broke inside the transmission that could have made that nut back itself off. The car has 150 thousand miles on it and it has all the stock clutch components. Any ideas?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back