The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

MBC... Tee'd to BOV!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

hottboost

15+ Year Contributor
May 17, 2006
Romney, West_Virginia
I have read just about every thread on this subject. Now this my problem. If I get my pressure source from the compressor nipple I am getting a 6-7 psi spike. When I ran off of the bov line befor I only got a 2psi spike. The bov was working properly. Now I realize that if you get a boost leak you take a risk on overboosting. I will be sure to do boost leak test alot more often if I decide to go this route. I am looking at what is safer, 7psi or 2psi spike. Also why would I get less spike this way? Most people are the other way. What are the other pros and cons to doing this???? Thanks for the help. :confused:

Boost spikes are not bad unless your getting bad knock during the spike. A 7psi spike does seem like too much.
I run the lines seperate so the bov works well.

Spiking isnt the cause of a boost source. Though, you NEVER tee into the bov line anyway. The only way to cure creep and spike, is to either fix all leaks and pump more fuel and bump up the boost to where it wants to go. OR, port the crap out of your o2 housing and turbine housing. Or external WG.

I'm glad you got it fixed without teeing into the bov line though.

NEVER EVER EVER do it! :thumb:

you guys are seriously sastisfied with 5 psi randomly flying out of your turbos hahaha thats terrible

I never said i was. I said he needs to take different steps to fix the spike. And it was good he didn't resort to the bov line.

And please man, forum rules. Proper English and punctuation.

Spiking isnt the cause of a boost source. Though, you NEVER tee into the bov line anyway. The only way to cure creep and spike, is to either fix all leaks and pump more fuel and bump up the boost to where it wants to go. OR, port the crap out of your o2 housing and turbine housing. Or external WG.

I'm glad you got it fixed without teeing into the bov line though.

NEVER EVER EVER do it! :thumb:

What exactly is your reasoning behind this? Not teeing into the BOV line that is.

I have always tee'd into the bov/intake manifold line. Zero problems. Right now I actually have my Forced Performance 17psi actuator tee'd to my bov to intake manifold line with NO boost controller (dont need it right now). Zero problems, and holding at 16-18psi till redline.

Thats great. It's still deadly if you're not careful. To your bov, to your turbo, to your motor.

Personally, i'd rather run it safer and as short as possible.

You're still spouting off information with no reasoning to back it up. How is it "deadly"?

"Spouting"? Oh yeah, there's no proof of this if you search.

Compressor surge because of tapping into the bov line. Boost spike. Hope you don't get a boost leak in the system before the mbc either because then you'll overwork the turbo leading to premature failure.

How is any of that good? And how hard is it to search for this? It's been talked about a lot. Look for posts from oldman on this. And how lazy do you have to be to not tap into the compressor outlet elbow or compressor housing. Seriously, i would rather leave my bov line untapped. Safer and there's proof of it.

Don't believe me? Have fun and don't cry to me when you bust something because of it.

No offense, but i'll listen to oldman and all the other mods on this site far before i listen to you guys.

No offense to you or ANY of the mods on here, but all this no MBC into the BOV mumbo jumbo is 100% opinionated. I want to see hard proof of it being "bad or deadly." Here is proof with a record breaking car, 28 psi falling to 25, only because the turbo doesnt want to hold 28psi, it is only a 16g, LOL. I have always run the MBC into the BOV line with better results than the turbo outlet/compressor cover. Proof is proof and overrules theories. So to make a long story short, there is NO problem with running the vaccum from the bov line, but if you feel better running it off the turbo outlet, by all means have at it.

Joe
SBR

Whatever. Listen, to the OP, do what you want listen to who you want. It's your car, i'm just trying to give you the information the helped me take car of other problems i was having. Which involved pulling the mbc OUT of the bov line.

Thanks for the link, that car is sick. I find it very hard to believe 454awhp was achieved but yet I do believe it considering hes running low tens. Insanity.

Also any input to my question about the boost gauge being tapped to the bov to mani line?

Yeah, well be at the EVo Sti shoootout with it, plans are to have it run 9's without nitrous, it definately has it in it.

As for your question, sometimes i tee into the FPR line, but prefer to tap into the pressure nipple on the TB. I couldnt see any sense running it the whole way to the bov line.

Joe
SBR

Yeah, well be at the EVo Sti shoootout with it, plans are to have it run 9's without nitrous, it definately has it in it.

As for your question, sometimes i tee into the FPR line, but prefer to tap into the pressure nipple on the TB. I couldnt see any sense running it the whole way to the bov line.

Joe
SBR

Hmm... See on my gst Ive always had it teed to the fpr since vfaq "says" its the best place and most accurate tap... Now on the awd laser It was already ran to the bov line before I even bought it, so I havent messed with it yet since it seemed to always be working fine on it, but out of curiousity should I change it to like how I had my gsts boost gauge hose ran? Or even if it doesnt matter, which would theoretically be the best place to run it to... Some people dont like the p tap on the tb.
I dont have a pcv valve hose hooked to the manifold, my pcv has a threaded fitting with a hose ran off of it hanging to a catch can, and the intake mani pcv source was plugged.... What if I just connect it there on its own independent line to that location....

I don't get why people tee into the bov line AT ALL, but especially not for a gauge. Thats just silly. You want boost and vac typically, and that will not give vac. You need a manifold source for the most accurate boost and vac. But then again, what do i know. I only listen to all the wisemen and mods on this site that have been doing this shit for years and years.

Edit, running without pvc is also kind of silly but thats a whole new thread.

Hmm... See on my gst Ive always had it teed to the fpr since vfaq "says" its the best place and most accurate tap... Now on the awd laser It was already ran to the bov line before I even bought it, so I havent messed with it yet since it seemed to always be working fine on it, but out of curiousity should I change it to like how I had my gsts boost gauge hose ran? Or even if it doesnt matter, which would theoretically be the best place to run it to... Some people dont like the p tap on the tb.
I dont have a pcv valve hose hooked to the manifold, my pcv has a threaded fitting with a hose ran off of it hanging to a catch can, and the intake mani pcv source was plugged.... What if I just connect it there on its own independent line to that location....

I have had good luck with the FPR line as well, but I prefer leaving that on its own. I would say the FPR line or the P on the TB, anywhere else just seems a bit senseless. And the PCV line is wicked bigger than the other vacuum lines so thats not that practical.

Joe
SBR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back