The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

maybe fuel pump??

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dsm42oA

10+ Year Contributor
Apr 25, 2012
Clisle, Pennsylvania
ive replaced injectors and fuel pump so far, narrowed it down to fuel misfire. when i replaced those parts the problem had become lessend. it doesnt misfire at idle, only under load, around 2-3000rpm and sometimes rappidly after, if i ease into the throttle it doesnt occur. so maybe a deing fuel pump? anybody else have this issue..

I dont really understand what the problem is based on your description.

If you are misfiring, the obvious check would be spark plugs and wires. From how you described the throttle, it matches up to my experience with bad plugs. I would say pull em and see if they are covered in carbon (whitish color).

see thats the thing its not a spark issue, i checked everything, and most are new parts on the ignition. i have spark and im getting air. im getting a fuel cut some where and its not my injectors or filter, itd be surprising to be a clogged line but possible. i think it could be my pump itself or maybe the filter atached to the pump itself? btw no codes of now, i had multiple cylinder misfires before i replaced injectors.

Replace your fuel filter first before buying a pump. You need to check the ohms on your coil just because you're getting spark doesn't mean it's a good spark it can be weak and foul plugs.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back