The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

map sensor?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TalonFULLtune

Proven Member
Jan 15, 2013
three churches, West_Virginia
sorry for this stupid ? im sure a couple of you will be like what a dumb ass but i was a vw tech and very new to the dsm world which i like alot better.

i currently have a 1g tsi awd with a 97 7 bolt swap. i know 7 bolt sucks. i didnt do the swap it was in there when i got it. i traded my banshee for it so i feel i still got a good deal. car has 146k on body and 30k on motor with paper work.

my ? is there is a sensors on the top of my intake mani, i'm not talking about the tps, i think this is a map sensor. anyways they do not have it hooked up to anything and i believe its still on the 1g computer.

is this configuration correct or should i be hooking that up. and if so would any of you have any advice on how to wire that up since there seems to be no sign of the plug for it. thank you for all your help.

Last edited by a moderator:
sorry for this stupid ? im sure a couple of you will be like what a dumb ass but i was a vw tech and very new to the dsm world which i like alot better. i currently have a 1g tsi awd with a 97 7 bolt swap. i kno 7 bolt sucks. i didnt do the swap it was in there when i got it. i traded my banshee for it so i feel i still got a good deal. car has 146k on body and 30k on motor with paper work. my ? is there is a sensors on the top of my intake mani im not talking about the tps i think this is a map sensor. anyways they do not have it hooked up to anything and i beleave its still on the 1g computer. is this configuration correct or should i be hooking that up. and if so would any of you have any advice on how to wire that up since there seems to be no sign of the plug for it. thank you for all your help.

1 : Welcome aboard.

2 : The 7 bolt doesn't 'suck', it simply has less meaty rods and people fear the symptoms of crank walk - Then again people tend to diagnose a flat tire as crank walk from time to time. A swap to a 6 bolt isn't needed to maintain a fun, reliable, and powerful DSM. :) This coming from a 6 bolt guy.

3 : Could you take a picture of the intake manifold and the plug that you are referencing, just to be sure that you're referring to what you believe you are? We can more accurately assist you with said picture.

With the 7 bolt Manifold, that is a 7 bolt specific sensor up there. The 6 bolt configuration simply does not use it. See the pictures below for the differences.

1G Manifold

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

2G Manifold

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Edit : Well jeeze - everyone respond at once. :p

yes the sensor on the 2g pic is the one im referring too. i didnt think it was needed since im runing the 1g ecu. but then again im new to dsm. as for the engine mount which one would be missing. it looks to me like the mount beside my timing belt was made. but is doing it job as far as i can see. im also getting fuel cut. looks like the injector seals could be leaking a bit and i found a boost like in the trottlebody. any other commen areas i should look at? again thank you guys for all the help.

i will take some pictures of what i got goin on with the engine 2mro. ups just dropped my timing belt off 2 mins ago. so i will take the pics and see what you guys think.

as for the engine mount which one would be missing

On a 1g there are three motor mounts on the block and 1 on the trans, on a 2g there are 3 on the trans and 1 on the block so if you have a 2g block you would be missing 2 motor mounts, the one on the front and the rear one between the engine & firewall.

Or, you know, swap the motor mounts for the block. I think someone has done this with some mild modification. :)

i might look into fabing in the other motor mounts. but how its inthere right now seems to be holding it. ill take some pics 2mro and see what you all think im sure there some other thing that might not be right. but like i said 91 tsi for a fourwheeler i got a good deal.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back