The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

Manual Valve Body w/Transbrake for DSM's!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chrish1440

15+ Year Contributor
Mar 16, 2007
Baltimore, Maryland
This was originally posted in another forum and the original poster isn't update his thread. I'm bringing it to this forum to gauge any additional interested as this may be a huge breakthrough in the DSM world.

This is the original posters post:
I am having a manual valve body made for a 1stGEN AWD Auto W4A33

It will work for the 1-3rd and will include a trans break

If more people are interested he will work in OD but for simplicities sake we have decided to only do 1-3 for now

It is being made at ATF www.atfspeed.com

Just gauging if there is anybody else interested in one. So far 2 other local guys are going in on it with me including Gary Marsh

This is my update post:
Since the original poster isn't updating this anymore, I thought i'd give ATF a call and check out there progress. Let me say first that the gentelmen that work there are very proffesional. I may have just caught them at a good time, but there was literaly no wait time during the call and I got all of my questions answered. First, the prototype manual valve body is about %50 percent completed. We shouldn't expect one to be tested until about another six months. Second, there will be no overdrive option, as this is geared toward drag applications. You will only have the 3 forward gears, neutral, and reverse. Third, this valve body will also work on 2G trannys. Fourth, and my favorite, this WILL include a transbrake. How you activated it is up to you. This packaqe will not include anytype of ratchet shifter, but Eric (the guy that building this) said it shouln't be that difficult to adapt one on our own. And last, the price at this time is estimated to be in the $675-$700 range. Well worth it to me. Just the thought of launching off the transbrake makes me want one now.

If you are seriously interested in this manual valve body, please email ATF and let them know. I'm sure if they get enough SERIOUS inquiries, they will step up production a notch. I'm ready to commit, and am willing to be the test dummy for this modification. I have a fully built 2G IPT trans that ready to go. I'm just have to wait on there word.

UPDATE!!! Xtremedrag has been working with ATF to complete a working model of the manual valve body with a transbrake for DSM, and a prototype should be complete by the end of this week!!! They are going to keep me updated, and I'll post all information I receive to this thread. They are going to test the valvebody with transbrake shortly after the receive the model.

Any word on this? Any testing or final product?

I have a car that will be running in the 8's this summer if they need a test vehicle.

I got an email a few days ago stating that the prototype is complete, and they are currently installing it in their trans. I will update as soon as its tested.

Rev rev rev dump clutch boom
Well if you don't dump the clutch it stays together.

The good old boys were running 8's on mostly stock shit with a slippy clutch.

Nowdays guys can't keep cars together running 10's with a twindisc... Whoever decided to put one of them in a dsm set us back about 10 years LOL.

I suspect a trans "break" would do the same thing. The only real benefit would be to bracket racers anyway. With cheap brakes you can stall it up enough to blow the trans apart.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back