The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

MAF vs SD -- weighing my options

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

90_Talon_TSi_AWD

Proven Member
Jul 12, 2019
Kokomo, Indiana
I've been comparing costs for MAF and harnesses just to get a feel for what that route would cost me versus taking the ECMLink plunge.

For those with previous Moates experience, should I be able to assume that a SD-wired setup is ALREADY wired for an ECMLink SD-setup?
Or would I need to factor in harness costs for the ECMLink plunge?

I have no experience with Moates, but I can tell you that the ECMLink SD cable puts the MAP sensor on the BARO pin so that you could conceivably run with a MAF as well. I don't know exactly what pin Moates expects (and I guess that's what you're asking here) but worst-case it should just be a matter of swapping two pins if it's not correct.

No experience with it here either but even still, I wouldn't "assume" anything. Where are the sensors wired?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back