1. Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

2G Looking for replacement valves

Posted by jtsan06, Jul 21, 2019

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Southbay Fuel Injectors
  1. jtsan06

jtsan06 Probationary Member

Joined Oct 26, 2007
    Brockton, Massachusetts
    Got some bent valves. Going to be rebuilding the head.

Can’t seem to find any Engnblder ss valves or evo valves. What is the next best choice?

Not sure how many valves got bent yet, but should I just stick with stockers?

Hp goals are 300-350 max.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2019

Street Build 262  1

1996 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
    manual · 2G DSM
  2. ThunderChild

ThunderChild Supporting VIP

Joined Jan 5, 2012
    Rathdrum, Idaho
    I'd say stock or stock replacements would be completely fine for that power level. If you plan to turn up the wick, better can't hurt, but not necessary for that power goal.

Street Build 114  3

1990 Plymouth Laser N/T
    fwd · manual · 1G DSM

233  8

1987 Toyota Pickup/Hilux
    awd · manual · Misc Vehicles

Street Build 745  7

1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GST
    fwd · manual · 2G DSM

Street Build 948  1

1992 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    manual · 1G DSM

Street Build 2K  10

1992 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    awd · manual · 1G DSM
  3. Sluezy

Sluezy Probationary Member

Joined Nov 15, 2018
    Spring valley, California
    Just stay with stock, there’s no reason to change them. You won’t gain any hp with them. Stainless valves are a little lighter letting you rev higher more safe and they don’t rust. Unless you go over sized or change your rpm limit they won’t do a thing and even if you go over sized they don’t help till higher hp numbers. You would also need to get new valve guides machined into your head. For what your looking for stay with stock it’ll also most likely be more reliable. If you need a set of valve let me know I have a few sets sitting around

4. gofer

gofer Moderator

Joined Feb 18, 2006
    South Gilbert, Arizona
    Unfortunately, engnbldr closed their shop because of health problems.

Those power goals are relatively low and nothing a stock rebuild can't support but, if you're wanting SS I'd recommend GSC SS I/E valves. If you bent valves it's not a bad idea to get new valve guides either, especially if they've never been replaced.

Street Build 15K  10  61

1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse GST
    11.634 @ 126.050 · 2G DSM

2K  0

1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse N/T
    manual · 2G DSM
  5. jtsan06

jtsan06 Probationary Member

Joined Oct 26, 2007
    Brockton, Massachusetts
    Thanks guys. I have decided to go with stock replacements. Just gotta find out which ones are bent. Value guides have been added to the list

Street Build 262  1

1996 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
    manual · 2G DSM