The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

looking for a gauge

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

That's actually a pretty cool idea.. but radar detectors got me in more trouble when I had one. I found I relied on it way to much. These damn hills in Texas owned me.

I don't know that unit will work for your vehicle because the wires and what not may not be long enough. As you've researched I'm sure you know it's for a motorcycle. Anyhow, I looked and I couldn't find anything more than what you found. Also, I wouldn't trust something on todays roads that came out 5 plus years ago...Just my 0.02 and it's not meant to rain on your parade.vvGood luck with the search, i'll come back if it gets more hits to see what folks know of or have found

yah i new it was for a motorcycle,and the wires i just figured id exstend them.and yah i no about the 5 years thats why i was wondering if anyone else has seen any.
thanks for your help tho

Thats BadA** If that will fit in a tripler Pillar that would be so awesome

Last edited:
never thought of that but someone should deff mkae a 52mm radar detector gauge...would sell like hotcakes to tuners.

i found this one aswell, vGauges but i think you have to buy a radar detector,an you wire this into it but not sure. i cant find any info on it.

so i can street race like in fast and the furious. i mean what can i say i got the need.. need for speed.LOL. Just playing, but sometimes i drive a liltle faster then i should especially when going to the track. Its about an hour away

So you want to use it to speed on public roads in a manner that 'lowers' your chance to get caught? I'm sorry, there is no good reason to have to get a radar detector.

Just FYI, I'm not sure how your state is, but in most states the use of radar detectors is a hefty fine and last I heard, they can be destroyed by LEOs when found and seized.

Be safe, don't speed.

yup most states are like that but iowa is not, and can you tell me you have never sped before? but thanks for your advice. I will still be getting one.

Apparently so, I would still recommend you not to speed, obviously you do anyway, that's what the track is for which you say you go to.

However, do use the shift key and utilize proper grammar and spelling from now on.

I try but english was my worst class. I really do try to use proper grammer/spelling. I wish this had spell check. Also everyone speeds once in awhile,and if they say they dont i bet their lieing. I do go to the track cant wait for it to open. Here in iowa it doesnt open tell late aprill.

Sorry, but you live in America, you should know the English language.

If you look at the 'quick reply box', rule #5 dealing with grammar, there is a link for IESpell and Firefox has built in spell check.

Yah the rules also says "no flame wares",and to stay on topic. Thanks for your input, but if your next reply has nothing to do with helping me look for a gauge. Im getting outta this pissing war with you. I will not reply. Like i said thanks for the input.:thumb:

Question, If you mount radar Detector on Rear Window and wire it up to this gauge, will it theoreitcally still Work correctly even though its in the back of the car?

I have no idea. I would assume so. im trying to figure everything out for it myself.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back