The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

LC-2 Wide band Issue

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fourgsixthree33

10+ Year Contributor
Oct 25, 2010
Athens, Pennsylvania
Just finished building my 1g and I am having complications with my LC-2. The install is pretty straight forward and I think I have a faulty sensor and/sensor cable.

The gauge and controller power up fine. When I go to calibrate the sensor, I do the following steps.

Step 1- With sensor unplugged, I power on the wide band for 30+ seconds. The LED light on the controller flashes red to indicate a sensor is not detected.

Step 2- Power off, plug in the sensor. Power on, the LED blinks green for awhile. Next, the LED is supposed to transition into a solid green light. Instead, it goes back to a blinking red after about 30 seconds.

So, the controller obviously senses that a connector is plugged in. The LED light blinks red in a 5 blink sequence, indicating Error 5 which suggests a faulty sensor cable or sensor.

The unit was purchased brand new from a vendor. But, prior to installing the sensor, I forgot to zip tie up my sensor cable and the end that plugs into the sensor drug on the ground. It still plugs into the sensor, but the clip is broke so it won't clip in. Error code three suggests there is a short in the sensor cable or sensor itself.

Any way to test that the sensor cable or sensor is faulty? Maybe remove the sensor and see if it warms up when it's powered?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back