The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

2G Koni Modification Drawings for DG setup. Typo?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rabenne

15+ Year Contributor
Apr 21, 2006
Racine, Wisconsin
Hello,

does anyone know if the drawings on DG's autocross to win are 100% accurate? The rear shock groove is showing .032" deep and the front shock groove drawing is showing .32" deep (over 5/16").

I have been researching this setup but have not yet purchased the Koni's to check the depth of the stock grooves, but it doesnt seem right that they dont match. .32" depth is really deep. I am not convinced it is even safe considering what is inside thetube. But I could be wrong, so who KNOWS or can measure for me?

Has this been covered before somewhere else? A quick search yielded nothing.

Thanks for any input.
Will

Attachments

• front.pdf
    17.5 KB · Views: 113
  • Rear_Koni_Grooved.pdf
    18.2 KB · Views: 102
Ok thanks, sometimes you need a reality check when you try to use someone else's work.
On a side note, I can't believe that hasn't been fixed. seem like a way o maybe see inside the shock? :aha:

Or do you think the tube wall thickness is >.32"?

Not sure, but the important info on the drawing is the location. Just match the original ring groove size and you will be fine.

Huh. These drawings have been up since 2005 and that’s the first time somebody caught the typo.

Yes, the groove is 0.032” deep, front and rear.

I’ll fix that this weekend.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back