The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Just pulled head. Comments on valves please

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

juntjoo

10+ Year Contributor
Sep 12, 2011
fort myers, Florida
I've never done this and supposedly my valves are bent but this is foreign to me at this point. Can you guys determine anything from these pics? I included some of the pistons too if there is anything to gather from them. Thanks
You must be logged in to view this image or video.
is it supposed to be that dirty on top of the pistons? There is all kinds of debris.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

Okay, just learned about the 2 nut trick.

So do these stock studs often break? or do you guys only upgrade them for turbo + setups?

Since you are an NT you should be ok.

To do a quick check of the rings,

1) roll the pistons so all 4 are at the same level, mid stroke

2) take a quart of engine oil, and pour equall amounts on top of all 4 pistons, appox 1.5 inches

3) walk away for several hours, to overnignt

4) all the pistons should have appox same amout of oil in each bore, if one is down way more than the rest, you will have ring issues in that cylinder.

Thanks. No leakage whatsoever.

The problem with the stock studs is that over time they tend to stretch. Most just go ahead and replace them with ARP for the peice of mind. With you being NT unless you have plans for a turbo in the future I think you'll be fine with stock.

Since you are an NT you should be ok.

To do a quick check of the rings,

1) roll the pistons so all 4 are at the same level, mid stroke

2) take a quart of engine oil, and pour equall amounts on top of all 4 pistons, appox 1.5 inches

3) walk away for several hours, to overnignt

4) all the pistons should have appox same amout of oil in each bore, if one is down way more than the rest, you will have ring issues in that cylinder.

This is a great suggestion. I'll have to remember this method for future reference.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back