The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

J-pipe gasket and oil return line gaskets

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

4gfun

Supporting VIP
Dec 10, 2007
Ask Me, Virginia
Just wondering if the OEM gaskets are as good as it gets for the
oil return line gaskets at the oil pan and my e316g turbo.

Are there any other options? I really don't like RTV on the j-pipe to turbo but that seems to work for most people. I prefer gaskets and reusable ones at that when possible.

Thanks for any info.

Works for me what else do you want, and for what purpose oem works fine for oem set ups.

I want the best gaskets I can get within reason. There are multiple options for just about every gasket on these cars. Want to make sure that I am getting the best that I can while I am down there.

Im not sure what esle there is for gaskets for that, it shouldnt leak if its done right, i use oem you can check vendors but i never saw another gasket for those things.

Im not sure what esle there is for gaskets for that, it shouldnt leak if its done right, i use oem you can check vendors but i never saw another gasket for those things.

I haven't either. Thanks for your thoughts and time.

Fel-pro or oem gaskets are the best. Just get you some copper spray-a-gasket from your local parts store. Spray them then install them. The spray is a copper base and it seals really well fills in imperfections on the flanges works amazing. And is chemical resistant to just about all chemicals. Includeing gas and oil.

Fel-pro or oem gaskets are the best. Just get you some copper spray-a-gasket from your local parts store. Spray them then install them. The spray is a copper base and it seals really well fills in imperfections on the flanges works amazing. And is chemical resistant to just about all chemicals. Includeing gas and oil.

Yep, these were my thoughts exactly....was thinking of this Felpro kit...for the price I think it would work....don't need/trust every gasket in there for boost but this way I can get my stuff locally and not have to get hosed for shipping and handling. I have never had a problem with their head gaskets or any other gasket for that matter. Then I can top it off with the copper spray.

Buy Felpro Turbo Mtg. Gasket Set ES 72787 at Advance Auto Parts

Yep, these were my thoughts exactly....was thinking of this Felpro kit...for the price I think it would work....don't need/trust every gasket in there for boost but this way I can get my stuff locally and not have to get hosed for shipping and handling. I have never had a problem with their head gaskets or any other gasket for that matter. Then I can top it off with the copper spray.

Buy Felpro Turbo Mtg. Gasket Set ES 72787 at Advance Auto Parts

I just bought the exact same gasket kit. Cost me 26 bucks for the kit. Has great quality gaskets. I have no complaints here. +1 for the copper spray. The metal gasket for the turbo to manifold that has the small hole is for a srt-4 dont know why it comes in the dsm kit though. LOL

I just bought the exact same gasket kit. Cost me 26 bucks for the kit. Has great quality gaskets. I have no complaints here. +1 for the copper spray.

Heh, when I try to get it online it says call store....that is a way around them letting you use coupon codes to buy things. BTW is that a j-pipe gasket included?

Heh, when I try to get it online it says call store....that is a way around them letting you use coupon codes to buy things. BTW is that a j-pipe gasket included?

Yes that a j pipe gasket, throttle body gasket, O2 housing gasket, 2 manifold gaskets < one for a srt-4, 2 turbo oil return pipe gaskets and 2 oil pan return line gaskets.

Yes that a j pipe gasket, throttle body gasket, O2 housing gasket, 2 manifold gaskets < one for a srt-4, 2 turbo oil return pipe gaskets and 2 oil pan return line gaskets.

That's pretty handy....

In the end, looks cheaper if I just order from STM simply because they don't have it locally....will probably work out since their shipping is pretty reasonable and they don't charge handling from what I can see...can also get the j-pipe gasket from them cheap now that I am at it....

Can anyone tell me if these are the right 2 gaskets for both ends of the oil return line from STM?

STM: OEM MITSUBISHI OIL RETURN GASKET | EVO VIII-IX | 90-99 DSM | MR258477

STM: OEM MITSUBISHI TURBO TO OIL RETURN LINE GASKET | 90-99 DSM | MD198888

STM: OEM MITSUBISHI OIL RETURN GASKET | EVO VIII-IX | 90-99 DSM | MR258477

STM: OEM MITSUBISHI TURBO TO OIL RETURN LINE GASKET | 90-99 DSM | MD198888[/QUOTE]

Yes those are the correct gaskets. I just bought the kit you mentioned above for those two exact gaskets. But from fel-pro. Im just saving the rest for when i need them. Id say buy the whole kit keep the extras. Unless your just low on cash. Youll only be saving yourself like 18 bucks by buying just the two gaskets. I think from stm those gaskets shipped only cost like 8 bucks.

Yes those are the correct gaskets. I just bought the kit you mentioned above for those two exact gaskets. But from fel-pro. Im just saving the rest for when i need them. Id say buy the whole kit keep the extras. Unless your just low on cash. Youll only be saving yourself like 18 bucks by buying just the two gaskets. I think from stm those gaskets shipped only cost like 8 bucks.[/QUOTE]

I think that I have one of them wrong actually. One of them says for a T25 turbo. I wonder if it is 2 of the same part.

Money is ok...I just watch where and how I spend it. :)

I think that I have one of them wrong actually. One of them says for a T25 turbo. I wonder if it is 2 of the same part.

Money is ok...I just watch where and how I spend it. :)

Im pretty sure the t25-t28 turbo gasket is the exact same as you would use on a 16g or any mhi turbo. If im wrong someone correct me. LOL

Im pretty sure the t25-t28 turbo gasket is the exact same as you would use on a 16g or any mhi turbo. If im wrong someone correct me. LOL

Got advance auto on the phone...giving me 10% off for the hassle of not having it in stock...we know that your setup works so I am sticking with that!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back