The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support STM Tuned

Is this the right head gasket?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NCSean

Probationary Member
Oct 5, 2011
Holly Ridge, North_Carolina
I'm replacing the head gasket on my 4g63-T 6 bolt for the first time and need some help. Its a stock rebuild and for this build I plan on shooting for no more than 300 whp. I cant go with the steel gasket because my block mating surface has not been trued and does not have a polished surface the head has been rebuilt and was shaved .005 of an inch. I will be using ARP head studs and from what ive read the OEM Mitsu. HG with studs should work fine for this power level. What I need to know is this STM: OEM MITSUBISHI FELT HEAD GASKET | 4G63 90-99 DSM the HG everyone is talking about when they say OEM Mitsu. composite HG and if not can someone give me a link to the right one? Thanks.

I went with the Mitsubishi OEM composite (felt) head gasket in the link I posted and ARP 2000 studs. From everything ive been told that combo should be good for 300 to 400 all day as long as there isn't any knock. Now the question is to spray it with copper or not?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back