The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

interior door panel swap NOT DOORS

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Awdspyderman

10+ Year Contributor
Mar 4, 2011
northglenn, Colorado
My question is how hard is it to swap door panels from a NON power car to a POWERED car? I've searched the forums but the all say how to swap the CAR door not the interior panel. I may be able to score a great deal on a set of black door panels for my spyder but i don't know how hard it is and can't find anything saying how to on this site(a link would help). I can't imagine it being hard or is it a simple swap of the window controls, i just want to be sure. Thanks to those who help :confused:

=) i know LOL i had an idea, i just needed to ask you guys to be sure . you ever had a time when your working on your car and your installing a part than can't figure out why it's not fitting than a friend comes along and points out why it's not fitting. I'm having one of those moments LOL thanks man

that thread you gave me was for the door itslef, im talking about the INTERIOR DOOR PANEL not the DOOR itself. the guy has non-powered black interior door panels and i want to instll them on my powered door, so im thinking that all i have to swap over on the panels are the center arm rests switchs from my tan door panels right?

I knew you could figure it out by yourself..good job, now get your hands dirty. We'll be here for moral support if you hit a roadblock.

yes take the middle section with the switches out and put that section in the panels its verryyyyyyy simple make sure though that the door panel isnt a single piece panel where that switch section isnt removable because mine are like that and its stupid as hell

^^^^thanks man I kinda had an idea but I just wanted to be sure thats the way it goes, thanks guys, the guy im getting them from is charging 100.00 for them and I think its a killer deal for the panels but I had to make sure thats how I swap the panels. I really looked this swap up on here but all it ever brought up was how to swap the actuall door not the panel. Thanks again guys.:hellyeah:

One other thing if they were manual windows too and u have power windows then there's gonna be a hole in the panel where the crank goes

One other thing if they were manual windows too and u have power windows then there's gonna be a hole in the panel where the crank goes

That's exacly what I was thinking..The hole where the crank is..That is going to be your bggest problem.The mounts should all be the same..You will have to swap out your switch part as well..And also MIGHT have to cut it out to fit the new switch panel..Tht houldn't be hard..But then back to the hole where the crank is, that's gonna look nasty..

,^^^^ your right it probally will look bad , I was thinkg that it should just be a swap of the center switch panel and BAM swaped panels! But I knew that hole for the window crank was going to be there so I would use some sort groment to cover that hole. DO you guys think that it wouldnt look that bad?

,^^^^ your right it probally will look bad , I was thinkg that it should just be a swap of the center switch panel and BAM swaped panels! But I knew that hole for the window crank was going to be there so I would use some sort groment to cover that hole. DO you guys think that it wouldnt look that bad?

if youre going to just swap the switch panel then its no problem but if youre going to do the whole panel I would make fiberglass door panels and fill that hole in because its going to be really hard to make that hole disappear without it looking bad. You could possibly just fiberglass that hole and paint it black. There's a lot of possibilities.

Or put a tweeter where the window crank is/was?

I don't have any experience on a manual window and clearance for one, and I don't know how you feel about the clarity of your sound system. Just a thought.

I think It would look bad..But then again it's your car..And if you don't tell anyone, they might not notice..But then again if it was my car, it would bother the hell out of me..

hey BUD92GSX i think your right, im just going to get them and add them to my stockpile of DSM parts=) I really thank all you guys for your input but im just going to spend the money to get the right panels. I was hoping that it would'nt be that bad but it seems like it's more of a hassle so thanks again

Or put a tweeter where the window crank is/was?

I don't have any experience on a manual window and clearance for one, and I don't know how you feel about the clarity of your sound system. Just a thought.

''I was thinking the tweeter thing too!

hey BUD92GSX i think your right, im just going to get them and add them to my stockpile of DSM parts=) I really thank all you guys for your input but im just going to spend the money to get the right panels. I was hoping that it would'nt be that bad but it seems like it's more of a hassle so thanks again

i can make you fiberglass door panels painted to whatever color you want

well guys sorry i haven't posted back, I asked miller imports about this issue and he said that I cannot swap the door panels out that easy. So to end this thread Im not going to try the swap, Im going to just wait for a good set of black door panels to come up for sale. Thanks to all who helped with there positive feedback.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back