1. Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

Intercooler question

Posted by Evolving_sti, May 1, 2019

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned
  1. 1990TSIAWDTALON

1990TSIAWDTALON Moderator

Joined Nov 14, 2013
    Independence, Kansas
    Add an air dam to the bottom of the radiator support. That will flow air back up and thru the radiator. I like the Mishimoto radiator and I run one, but it is susceptible to heat soak because of it being all aluminum. Heat wrap and a blanket for the turbo helps that though.

Street Build 3K  27

1992 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    awd · automatic · 1G DSM

542  14

1990 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
    awd · manual · 1G DSM

449  18

1967 Chevrolet Camaro RS
    rwd · automatic · Misc Vehicles

Street Build 650  4

1998 Eagle Talon TSi
    fwd · manual · 2G DSM

Street Build 5K  11  25

1990 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    13.620 @ 108.460 · 1G DSM
    Vegas smith likes this.
  2. Evolving_sti

Evolving_sti Proven Member

Joined Apr 28, 2019
    DANBURY, Connecticut
    Thanks for all the help guys. I ended up buying an ecmlink ecu from a member here. Ordered a speedy density kit, megan dp and ecmlink boost controller solenoid from extreme psi. I'm about 6k in parts and the car cost me 7k LOL.

ThunderChild likes this.
  3. Steve92talon

Steve92talon Proven Member

Joined Jul 3, 2019
    Fernie, BC, Canada
    Honestly I bought a running 1g for 600 bucks with all the usual mods 20 over arp studs on everything some comp cams and at 15psi the stock smic works just fine so far. I haven't found the need for a front mount yet. I have a srt4 intercooler kicking around maybe when I turn it up over 20psi. For a street car I can jump in and drive anywhere the stock intercooler and 15psi is plenty on the stock fuel system.

4. Evolving_sti

Evolving_sti Proven Member

Joined Apr 28, 2019
    DANBURY, Connecticut
    I ended up with alot of overheat issues when I switched to the front mount. Everything got sorted out , thankfully.

Steve92talon likes this.