The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Intercooler question

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

i have a spearco 2-178 and it does great with my b16g. The intercooler cost me 300 plus around 100 for custom piping. If you are more concerned with cost I recommend you buy an intercooler and make the piping yourself. Its not hard. But if you are set on one of those intercoolers, i personally would go with the slowboy intercooler. Its relatively inexpensive compared to many fmic kits that I have seen and i have heard that it does it job very well on much bigger turbos than 16gs.

Johnnyracecar.com..... $210 shipped for 30''x6''x2'', $190 shipped for 30''x5''x2'' and those are the core sizes, they already have end tanks and inlet/outlet piping.....

BlackTalonSi said:
Johnnyracecar.com..... $210 shipped for 30''x6''x2'', $190 shipped for 30''x5''x2'' and those are the core sizes, they already have end tanks and inlet/outlet piping.....

Those core sizes make me want to kill people, and/or shoot myself in the face.

Putting your charge air through a core like that is like trying to put a firetruck's water through a drinking straw 10 feet long.

Holy pressure drop, batman!

on my intercooler with my 16g i used the j pipe, 4 90 degree bends, couplers, t bolt clamps and a few straight sections of pipe. All the piping was 2.5". Took me around five hours total for install. Oh I also used jb weld to bead the pipes to help prevent the pipes to blow off under boost.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back