1. Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

2G Intake Hoses

Posted by Kai Hefner, Sep 10, 2019

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support ExtremePSI
  1. Kai Hefner

Kai Hefner Proven Member

Joined Jun 21, 2018
    Calgary, AB, Canada
    Do I need these two things? Have a new intake that doesn’t have a spot for them. I think the thing of the left is some vacuum solenoid, where would I hose it to if I need it? Also attached is a pic of my available ports.

Attached Files:

Street Build 291  1

1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
    awd · manual · 2G DSM

Road Race Build 523  2

1998 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    awd · manual · 2G DSM
  2. rEclipserGST

rEclipserGST Proven Member

Joined Nov 17, 2007
    Columbus, Ohio
    The EGR? Not needed. Need a block off plate if removing it entirely.

The other spots, looks like a hose is too big. And one nipple doesn't have anything on it. Which is a vacuum leak. In this case, a boost leak if the black object in the picture is the new intake manifold.

Street Build 605  25

1995 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    187 whp · 200 lb/ft · 2G DSM
  3. Kai Hefner

Kai Hefner Proven Member

Joined Jun 21, 2018
    Calgary, AB, Canada
    Thank you. Yeah that one place my BOV is going to, just didn’t hose it yet.

Street Build 291  1

1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
    awd · manual · 2G DSM

Road Race Build 523  2

1998 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    awd · manual · 2G DSM
  4. Clipsoe

Clipsoe Proven Member

Joined Apr 22, 2015
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida
    The small solenoid looks like your wastegate solenoid, which controls how much boost youre running. I would say it's needed unless you have another boost controller already in place. If its the EGR solenoid you won't need it, I have attached a diagram. The part attached to the manifold can be deleted, and odds are since its looks like you have an aftermarket manifold you don't need to "block it off", but you will need to cap off your throttle body, picture attached. The big hose needs a different hose clamp since its for your brake booster, just get a screw type hose clamp, you don't want any boost leaks.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 11, 2019

410  6

1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse GST
    fwd · manual · 2G DSM