The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

2G Intake Hoses

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kai Hefner

Freelancer
Jun 21, 2018
Calgary, AB_Canada
Do I need these two things? Have a new intake that doesn’t have a spot for them. I think the thing of the left is some vacuum solenoid, where would I hose it to if I need it? Also attached is a pic of my available ports.

Attachments

• 6B1B15DC-70FB-43A3-9480-754B13545619.jpeg
    6B1B15DC-70FB-43A3-9480-754B13545619.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 63
  • 6D0E4AFC-2AC1-4474-888C-C8E87B3E35E5.jpeg
    6D0E4AFC-2AC1-4474-888C-C8E87B3E35E5.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 61
The EGR? Not needed. Need a block off plate if removing it entirely.

The other spots, looks like a hose is too big. And one nipple doesn't have anything on it. Which is a vacuum leak. In this case, a boost leak if the black object in the picture is the new intake manifold.

The small solenoid looks like your wastegate solenoid, which controls how much boost youre running. I would say it's needed unless you have another boost controller already in place. If its the EGR solenoid you won't need it, I have attached a diagram. The part attached to the manifold can be deleted, and odds are since its looks like you have an aftermarket manifold you don't need to "block it off", but you will need to cap off your throttle body, picture attached. The big hose needs a different hose clamp since its for your brake booster, just get a screw type hose clamp, you don't want any boost leaks.

Attachments

• SAM_0281.jpg
    SAM_0281.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 72
  • 2G_Turbo_Vacuum_Diagram.jpg
    2G_Turbo_Vacuum_Diagram.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back