The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

Intake Hoses?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blazin-Penguin

Probationary Member
Oct 12, 2012
Manteno, Illinois
Ok for starters, I searched the forums first, and didnt find what I was looking for. However, Ill admit I'm terrible with searching the forums. so please do not flame me if this is a repost.

With that being said, I finally pulled my car out of the garage and put on the ebay CAI that the previous owner threw in with it. Now I have a problem. the side of the pipe facing the car has the male end for the BOV re-circulation hose (no problem there just need a new hose) however there are two more male ends for hoses or vacuum lines. Im not sure, but I need to figure out what they are for and where they originate, so i can replace them. I included a picture, with the two spot for the hoses/lines circled in blue. A little help please. OOOh and yes i checked every manual at my disposal.

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 150
The spot on the left is where the hose goes that comes from the emissions equipment located underneath the battery. The one on the right is where the valve cover breather hose goes to. It is located on the left side of the valve cover. If you have a little breather filter on there please take it off and get a hose that will fit on both ends.

Also, the little one that faces the radiator is for the factory boost control solenoid, brake booster hose is the big one way up at the backside of the intake manifold.

Ok the nipple in the front that goes to the brake booster is already connected, i was just curious about the other two.

Right now I have a valve breather on, so do you recomend capping off the nipple on the CAI pipe and leaving the breather, or removing the breather filter and running a line?

Found the other line under the battery (how convenient)

Also its really not a CAI..Its a hard intake pipe..Well the vc one just breathes to intake pipe..Cap it if you have a breather..

Mine is ran like factory with the same pipe and 2gmaf..

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back