The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

2G Installed SMART 150TCM Questions about a few things

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brandon Nicholson

Proven Member
Jun 23, 2014
Scottsdale, Arizona
Hello! I just installed forced fours smart 150 TCM and I was just confused on some things in the software and some driveability issues I’m having. First thing is how aggressive the shifting is in low speed areas, I’m not quite sure what the settings mean in the soft shift tab, and another issue is the 2/3 flair I now have. Before I didn’t have this issue but now 2/3 is very harsh and sometimes comes in and out.. I’m wondering if this is a mechanical issue I’m facing that the stock TCU masked? Or maybe it’s the shift mapping and line pressure I’m not very sure. the fluid looks good still and is not low. However I’m not sure of the age of it

Brandon, see if you can "screenshot" any of the tabs on the software so we can all see the same thing. The hard shifting is set by a "number" in the softshift tab on my now extinct 100.1 but let me see if I have a picture to illustrate with. Do you have any tabs that are close to any of those I have pictured?
Sorry they are pictures of a computer screen, not screenshots.
On the MAPS, you never want the same color of solid and dashed lines to ever cross, they must stay apart. That is the upshift and downshift points in auto mode.
2-3 Flair is fixed by installing a 175hp shift kit.
Marty
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Attachments

• 20171011_165644 ADVANCED.jpg
    20171011_165644 ADVANCED.jpg
    400.1 KB · Views: 35
Brandon, see if you can "screenshot" any of the tabs on the software so we can all see the same thing. The hard shifting is set by a "number" in the softshift tab on my now extinct 100.1 but let me see if I have a picture to illustrate with. Do you have any tabs that are close to any of those I have pictured?
Sorry they are pictures of a computer screen, not screenshots.
On the MAPS, you never want the same color of solid and dashed lines to ever cross, they must stay apart. That is the upshift and downshift points in auto mode.
2-3 Flair is fixed by installing a 175hp shift kit.
Marty

certainly! I will get you photos of all my tabs that are in question once I am home. There are some slight differences between mine and your software but maybe we can figure out what they mean :D

certainly! I will get you photos of all my tabs that are in question once I am home. There are some slight differences between mine and your software but maybe we can figure out what they mean :D
Software is updated.. Marty has pics of old software... but he knows what hes doing and they are similar.. ill chime in if I see something

Software is updated.. Marty has pics of old software... but he knows what hes doing and they are similar.. ill chime in if I see something
Me and Marty have been going through it over Pm and we’ve made some good progress on the smoothness of shifting and general understanding of the software, it’s awesome!!

Me and Marty have been going through it over Pm and we’ve made some good progress on the smoothness of shifting and general understanding of the software, it’s awesome!!
Very good! I have mine all set and tested with all stock tcu functions working along with a ratchet shifter! Youre going to love it

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back