The Central Hub for DSM Community and Information

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. This is where the DSM platform history is documented and archived. Log in to help us in our mission, and to remove most ads from the browsing experience.

Injector o-ring and Hz question.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

92GSXBaltimore

20+ Year Contributor
331
5
Feb 19, 2003
Baltimore, Maryland
OK, so I just got my FIC 650's in today and noticed tat the top of the injector(rail side) has two o-rings. One is black and one is green. Is this compatible with my OEM fuel rail? I have just never seen injectors with two o-rings on them. Have FIC's always had two o-rings?
*edit- researched some more and found out that two o-rings is normal.

My second question is related to airflow. How much increase in hertz should I see by bumping my boost to around 18psi from 14psi where it is now. I have a stock sidemount and a fairly hacked 1g maf that pulls about 1950Hz @ 6900rpms right now. Mods are in my vehicle profile BTW.
 

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
The Double O rings never gave me a problem on my stock fuel rail, you'll be fine...

Question 2...HZ is relavent to airflow...so its hard to say how much HZ will increase cause going from 14 to 18 PSI on a 16G will not be like going from 14 to 18 PSI on a 50 trim etc..
 
On my car going from 22 psi to 25 psi I only noticed a 100Hz difference, and that's on my 3052.

A lot of things can affect this though, cams, headwork, intercooler size and boost leaks. ;)
 
I could only get it to 17psi before I had heat soak problems, and my airflow jumped up to around 2,150Hz. I have a boost leak somewhere though b/c my low trim will go above 100 if i turn the 1k rpm low throttle in the negative, everything else for low is around -20%, and highs are from -22 to -12 @ 7k rpms. :(
fuel tables are at about 100 for low mid and high.
 
On a related note, I got some used FIC 650's and I have just 1 o-ring and no fuel leaks under 38 psi on a 1g. Anyone know why the double o-rings?
MB
 
Add Value - Be Respectful - No Trolling - No Misinformation - Participate Often!
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community

Latest Classifieds

  • Wanted PASSENGER DOOR LOWER MOLDING
    WANTED
    • LA_gst
    • Updated:
    • Expires
  • For sale 2g 2g 1999 eclipse gs-t spyder
    Very clean 2g spyder, only modifications is 14b turbo with 3inch exhaust. Well maintained and...
    • DSM B
    • Updated:
    • Expires
  • For sale 2g 1996 Talon TSI AWD
    1996 Talon TSI AWD $10,500- 90,421 miles ( will go up a little ) - clean title in hand -...
    • jersygsx
    • Updated:
    • Expires
  • For sale 2g 2g power window motors. OEM
    RH and LH power window motors. OEM $40 each or $70 for the pair. Message 702-741-6987.
    • Galant665
    • Updated:
    • Expires
  • Wanted WTB 268 Camshafts & Zero Tick Lifters
    Looking to see if anyone has a set of 268 cams in drop-in condition. I know 268 is on the Rare...
    • Ice9
    • Updated:
    • Expires
Back
Top