The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

• Send Us Your Photos for the 2024 Calendar - here's how!
Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support ExtremePSI

in need of new gate? over boosted 14b an blew

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xxsupralvrxx

15+ Year Contributor
Aug 30, 2007
Daytona Beach, Florida
Well i Finally fixed all my boost leaks and now the car just wanted to over boost...bad... So I take it down the street 1st 15 2nd it starts to climb fast to 20 psi iam at around 5k i shift throw it in 3rd an instantly 23psi!!!!!!!!! i let off as soon as hit spiked so high... now I just had a 3in exhaust put on an since I fixed the boost leaks it rediclus I picked up quite a bit of spool up an power but It blew up an started to poor smoke out the back of the car no oil leaks any outside the turbo or the motor I dont have blow by cause its not pressurizing the crank case so I know its gotta be the turbo..i checked it a couple weeks ago an the turbo was getting pretty worn... \

But anyways I ran a line straight from the wastegat to a boost source an still it over boosted goin down the street I made sure the lines wernt cloged wastegates now visabley damaged so I figure it took a dump :( an now the whole turbos worthless :(

mindset

10+ Year Contributor
Jan 3, 2009
Brunswick, Ohio
Well i Finally fixed all my boost leaks and now the car just wanted to over boost...bad... So I take it down the street 1st 15 2nd it starts to climb fast to 20 psi iam at around 5k i shift throw it in 3rd an instantly 23psi!!!!!!!!! i let off as soon as hit spiked so high... now I just had a 3in exhaust put on an since I fixed the boost leaks it rediclus I picked up quite a bit of spool up an power but It blew up an started to poor smoke out the back of the car no oil leaks any outside the turbo or the motor I dont have blow by cause its not pressurizing the crank case so I know its gotta be the turbo..i checked it a couple weeks ago an the turbo was getting pretty worn... \

But anyways I ran a line straight from the wastegat to a boost source an still it over boosted goin down the street I made sure the lines wernt cloged wastegates now visabley damaged so I figure it took a dump :( an now the whole turbos worthless :(

Wait so you never had a MBC?
What's the shaftplay like?

xxsupralvrxx

15+ Year Contributor
Aug 30, 2007
Daytona Beach, Florida
no i did i took it out think their may have been a poblem with it but i took it aprt checked it ran new lines an cleaned it

El Cuervo

15+ Year Contributor
Nov 7, 2004
Omaha, Nebraska
Why didn't you stop accelerating after your boost gauge went past 16 psi? According to your profile, you don't have an upgraded fuel pump, rewired pump and or data logger. Unless i'm mistaken.

xxsupralvrxx

15+ Year Contributor
Aug 30, 2007
Daytona Beach, Florida
Well Iam not quite sure it didnt hit fuel cut at all it used to hit fule cut on cold nights it was spiking to 17 every once an a while... I do have a walbro 190 but havent put it in and I have everything put together an everything for awhile just havent had the time but now that i dont have my lisence alot of much needed work is gonna get done

xxsupralvrxx

15+ Year Contributor
Aug 30, 2007
Daytona Beach, Florida
where can i get an adjustable gate? for an internal gated 14b???

byebyev8

15+ Year Contributor
Jun 17, 2004
kenosha, Wisconsin
rewire your fuel pump first then make sure you hook up the mbc right. I don't see how your spiking to 23psi on a 14b unless your running with the wastegate line pulled.

xxsupralvrxx

15+ Year Contributor
Aug 30, 2007
Daytona Beach, Florida
WEll I went out to the car earlyer an just ran a live srtaight to the turbo fo r now the cars goona be parked for bit anyways but I juscked the reat of the lines an clogges I had made sure ihooked it up rigtht and Idk i think the gate is screwed an to be honest I dont wanna go extranl

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds