The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

In a big debate

skyline or evo8

• skyline

Votes: 58 62.4%
  • evo

Votes: 35 37.6%

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
^^^No problem Bro', I hate the fact that there are people out there that want to insult all the time, I mean, I understand teasing and kidding around and all. But he seems almost angry in his post. Maybe I misunderstood it, but...Damn!?! You asked for peoples opinions, not insults. Glad to see you were able to make your decision.

L2RTSiAWD said:
that was on LS1. and it was 150,000

No that was me, cause I'm just that pimp.:cool:

I still say EVO. You people need to stay on-topic before this gets locked, I scrolled through an entire pages worth of BS.

I want to see what he gets and pics of his new ride. When I was in Germany, I had the chance to purchase an R33 Skyline GT-R for $25,000. At the time, I didn't have the credit history to get a loan, since I had 2 new loans at the time. The Fact is, I had test driven the car and seen it in person. I knew it wasn't finacially viable at the time.

Heres the thread
Heres my proof

Hands down skyline, EVOs are easy to get a hold of for us, but a skyline...Since you have a DD then Skyline def, and who cares about reaching across a seat to pay the toll, and as far as drive thru'sWTF fast food in a Skyline that should be a crime. For 45k, with only 40k miles on it, you will never get another one like it. Since you have the $$$ then repairs wouldnt be that bad for you. So long story short SKYLINE no second though. Plus the second glances from people on the road when you pass em, and your sitting in our passenger side will be funny, hell I saw 2 RHD jeeps on my way from school on the highway and the look on my face must have been funny LOL.

SAKONE said:
Skyline R34 is big heavy straight line runner

I take it you've never driven or rode in one yet, have you? They might have a heavier curb weight, but that doesn't mean it can't perform in the corners. :nono:

GSX_RCR said:
I take it you've never driven or rode in one yet, have you? They might have a heavier curb weight, but that doesn't mean it can't perform in the corners. :nono:
Agreed, the Skyline GT-R was banned from a few circuits in Japan, simply because if you didn't have a Skyline, you couldn't compete. The GT-R has revolutionized the way a car can handle.

Exactly, that's why the GTR has it's own race series. The car gave such an advantage that it required it's own series to level out the playing field and let the drivers do the racing, instead of the car itself.

GSX_RCR said:
Exactly, that's why the GTR has it's own race series. The car gave such an advantage that it required it's own series to level out the playing field and let the drivers do the racing, instead of the car itself.

Lets keep the ricer leghumping at a minimum please. Skyline is a cool car. Is it the greatest thing since sliced bread? Hell. No.

Take a look at the World GT skyline... It's really not doing too well is it?

(otherwise known as put it in a series with actual competitors and it is shown as the overhyped car it is.)

get the skyline! itis just such a nasty car and plus there is almost none in the usa and there is next to alot of evos in the usa but make urchoice man it is gonna be your car not ours!

peace

drivemusicnow said:
Lets keep the ricer leghumping at a minimum please. Skyline is a cool car. Is it the greatest thing since sliced bread? Hell. No.

Take a look at the World GT skyline... It's really not doing too well is it?

(otherwise known as put it in a series with actual competitors and it is shown as the overhyped car it is.)
WTF
Before you go running your mouth, you should relize the whole story.

That Skyline is over-weight and underpowered compared to its competiores. In fact they 150 hp down from the next car.

Igor Sushko said:
Our car is down by such an ungodly amount of power compared with the Corvette, Viper, and CTS-V, even though we are heaviest.....

Also the driver is an American named "Igor," he is 4 years younger then me. He's 20!!! Not exactly JGTC-level professional skill, but he is doing his best.

Igor Sushko said:
....I wanted to stay on the safe side for our debut standing start and slipped the clutch a bit more than usual, causing the car to bog off of the line....
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Also, that is an independant, small-buisness sponsored, small-crewed team. Unlike the rest of the racers with factory backing.

These are he's sponsors.
AutomotiveForums.com
GTRNation.com
RB Motoring
Buddy Club
NOS Energy Drink
Rays Engineering
Brembo
StopTech
K&W Autobody
Aero Duo
TC Spoilers

Lets compare Oranges to Apples, not Oranges to Tanks.:toobad:

See that is what i dont want, i don't need ricehumpers. You drive to a movie theater and they follow you. I drive my eclipse around town and i get people following me in honda's.

I'm probably just going to save and keep modding my eclipse. Here in maine there are not many evo's eather so its like haveing a skyline anyway. I dont like the jungle bunnies that follow.:rolleyes:

jungle bunnies

Is that a racist black comment? This forum is pretty strict and you can get banned fast...

JOEY A said:
jungle bunnies

Is that a racist black comment? This forum is pretty strict and you can get banned fast...

Geez, awful quick to pull that card out. :rolleyes:

LOL @ td.

drivemusicnow said:

*I did not vote for the Skyline* :shhh:

My response was directed to the guy I quoted. :rolleyes:

JOEY A said:
jungle bunnies

He's pretty familiar with the rules, you know.

besides, ive never heard bunny as a racist remark.

Ive just heard it as a comment against blacks, the forum is pretty strict about anything and you cant even utter anything about street racing. I was just pointing that out so he doesnt get in trouble...

laserspeeddemon said:
WTF
Before you go running your mouth, you should relize the whole story.

That Skyline is over-weight and underpowered compared to its competiores. In fact they 150 hp down from the next car.

Also the driver is an American named "Igor," he is 4 years younger then me. He's 20!!! Not exactly JGTC-level professional skill, but he is doing his best.

Also, that is an independant, small-buisness sponsored, small-crewed team. Unlike the rest of the racers with factory backing.

These are he's sponsors.
AutomotiveForums.com
GTRNation.com
RB Motoring
Buddy Club
NOS Energy Drink
Rays Engineering
Brembo
StopTech
K&W Autobody
Aero Duo
TC Spoilers

Lets compare Oranges to Apples, not Oranges to Tanks.:toobad:

I'm actually very aware of the team, and all the disadvantages/advantages they have.

before you go running YOUR mouth learn to no be full of shit.

150hp down? HAH, because the easy street STi has what 650 hp now? Overweight is just what the skyline IS... It's not like they weight penalize them.

He was actually 19 when he started, and I wouldn't show that list of sponsors and then feel sorry for them. Those are some big names in the auto industry, as well as the team having a fair amount of money.

drivemusicnow said:
I'm actually very aware of the team, and all the disadvantages/advantages they have.

before you go running YOUR mouth learn to no be full of shit.

150hp down? HAH, because the easy street STi has what 650 hp now? Overweight is just what the skyline IS... It's not like they weight penalize them.

wait, so what are you smoking? he pointed out that the car not only weighs more than its competitors, but also has less power. no they dont weight penalize them, but the car is at an obvious disadvantage...

He was actually 19 when he started,

so? he pointed out the fact that he's 20 NOW.

and I wouldn't show that list of sponsors and then feel sorry for them. Those are some big names in the auto industry, as well as the team having a fair amount of money.

eh, sponsors... factory backing.. whatever. he's explaining that
its the only team that pulled it together on their own, found sponsors, and didnt have GM or the likes backing them.

christ dude, it's not a full frontal attack.. put your e-penis away for a minute.

talondude4 said:
Hey were do you work? i'll just buy the place were you work and fire your ass. I can allready tell this is going to get locked. so just to say whatch what you do becuase some one that is a willing person to help like me wont help you, you can tell i help people, look at the three green dots.

have a nice day
prick;)

Where's Defiant :confused:

Buy the place where he works? Your buddy "josho-something" was talking about e-peens but it looks like you have the biggest one of all... You don't hear the rest of us who have a little money laying around talking about shiz like this do you?

And, LOL, why can't we just have a civil discussion of: Evo vs Skyline? :)

A civil discussion.. on the Internet?

WTF

Jeremoose said:
Where's Defiant :confused:

Buy the place where he works? Your buddy "josho-something" was talking about e-peens but it looks like you have the biggest one of all... You don't hear the rest of us who have a little money laying around talking about shiz like this do you?

And, LOL, why can't we just have a civil discussion of: Evo vs Skyline? :)

Your one of those cry and mop people that hover around defiant, aren't you? Its ok one day you will be able to fend for youself:toobad:

Now the people arguing over the wieght of a skyline, just STFU!

you guys are stressing me out i asked a simple question not an argument.

Chalk up one more 'debate' that tuners couldn't handle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back