The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

In a big debate

skyline or evo8

• skyline

Votes: 58 62.4%
  • evo

Votes: 35 37.6%

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
joshohatesuall said:
cause i bet his life revolves around proving himself to a bunch of newbs?

If he is going to come on tuners and debate which car to buy he should come back on tuners and post his decision. Its only fair to end a post with the conclusion of the beginning question/debate. If you know this guy what is this crazy money making deal???

Yeah it doesnt make sense, and if you have that much money why not buy both. Why not buy all the parts you need ahead of time etc...Big move? whats the big move, rich people dont retire they keep making money. Bill Gates hasnt retired/

JOEY A said:
Yeah it doesnt make sense, and if you have that much money why not buy both. Why not buy all the parts you need ahead of time etc...Big move? whats the big move, rich people dont retire they keep making money. Bill Gates hasnt retired/

:|

Bill Gates hasn't retired, because he enjoys doing what he is doing.

If he has all that much money, he is probably smart enough to not waste all of it buying 2 cars and "all the parts you need ahead of time' (like you know WTF you're going to break on a car... seriously WTF)

Just because someone is bringing in enough money that they can comfortably plan their retirement (and I still think 25 in unrealistic) doesn't mean that they want to just throw it away on stupid things. plus, the skyline is still a great "deal" in the fact that he could probably turn around and sell it for more than he payed for it. (once again, money making money)

:boring:

I think the almighty flag has to be raised on this one! Sorry!

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Buy a Gallardo or an F430.

If I were gonna retire at 25, I would had set my sights on something not everybody has. But that's just me.

I picked the EVO. Newer car, easier parts to get and still a DSM essentially plus newer technology.

I remember a thread like this going all around the net of everyone calling this one guy a liar or something about a million dollar trade off or something. I do not know the story and can't even remember so i'm not going to say I know what it was about.. But anyways, The guy went to the bank, Got out a million dollars CASH, And took a picture of it ALL. He then shut everyone up, And they all wanted to be his best friend and for him to send them all money. Funny how that works! If you have the money, Awesome buy what makes you happy!! Goodluck with your purchase =)

somdturbo said:
If he is going to come on tuners and debate which car to buy he should come back on tuners and post his decision. Its only fair to end a post with the conclusion of the beginning question/debate. If you know this guy what is this crazy money making deal???

He was asking your opinion on the purchase, not your opinion whether or not he was legit, or offering to tell you his money making scheme. the end of the post would include a pic of the car he bought, which i'm sure he would do as soon as he has it. frankly, it's none of your business what he does to make his money or how he gets it. the issue at hand is the car, not his income. :notgood:

joshohatesuall said:
He was asking your opinion on the purchase, not your opinion whether or not he was legit, or offering to tell you his money making scheme. the end of the post would include a pic of the car he bought, which i'm sure he would do as soon as he has it. frankly, it's none of your business what he does to make his money or how he gets it. the issue at hand is the car, not his income. :notgood:

Its a forum. The issue at hand is whatever the posters make it, period.

If your not happy with people questioning your friend, tell him to buy his vehicle and come on here and post some pics; problem solved :thumb: And frankly its none of YOUR business speaking for your friend, so just tell him to take some pics and shut us up.

That all being said... Evo.:cool:

P.S. There's no doubt in my mind that the poster has the cash for this... There's a lot of money to be had on the net, all ya' need is one great idea.

Jeremoose said:
Its a forum. The issue at hand is whatever the posters make it, period.

tell that to the moderators who put threads that go completely off topic or are similarly useless here: http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=88

seems that the issue at hand is what the thread is posted about, not whatever the hell topic people decide to stray onto.

If your not happy with people questioning your friend, tell him to buy his vehicle and come on here and post some pics; problem solved :thumb:

if he hasn't made a decision on what to buy yet, what does he have to take a picture of? oh that's right: NOTHING.

And frankly its none of YOUR business speaking for your friend, so just tell him to take some pics and shut us up.

i thought friends backed friends up, no? i'd hate to be one of your friends :) i'd think that as a friend, it would be my responsibility to tell a bunch of nosey assholes to step off his grill. if he told everyone how he's making all his money, then everyone knows and everyone does it. then he's not making as much money. that doesnt make any sense. he already told everyone exactly what they need to know: he has the money and is not worried about the finances. the question is not "HOW AM I MAKING MY MONEY" it's "WHAT SHOULD I BUY WITH MY MONEY". who cares how he makes it? he wants to spend it and is asking an opinion. telling him LOZL STFU YOU ARE LYING YOU DONT HAVE ANY MONEY doesn't really help much at all now does it?

That all being said... Evo.:cool:

agreed :)

P.S. There's no doubt in my mind that the poster has the cash for this... There's a lot of money to be had on the net, all ya' need is one great idea.
i'm glad you understand. unfortunately some of the members here lack the mental density to quantify such a thing.

1993eclipseGS said:
I remember a thread like this going all around the net of everyone calling this one guy a liar or something about a million dollar trade off or something. I do not know the story and can't even remember so i'm not going to say I know what it was about.. But anyways, The guy went to the bank, Got out a million dollars CASH, And took a picture of it ALL. He then shut everyone up, And they all wanted to be his best friend and for him to send them all money. Funny how that works! If you have the money, Awesome buy what makes you happy!! Goodluck with your purchase =)

that was on LS1. and it was 150,000

i think this is quite stupid...if you have enough brains to make this cash, i think you can get enough friends together at your place to decide this. Everyone bickering about this is stupid because theres no proof to anyones theory. Being a little dick rider and protecting your rich friend ...on a forum? cmon dude please, your a ####ing idiot.

decide your self its your ####ing money you moron

have a nice day :)

FusionTalon said:
i think this is quite stupid...if you have enough brains to make this cash, i think you can get enough friends together at your place to decide this. Everyone bickering about this is stupid because theres no proof to anyones theory. Being a little dick rider and protecting your rich friend ...on a forum? cmon dude please, your a ####ing idiot.

oh? coming from a person who can't fabricate a useful argument without spraying an array of insults upon everyone in question, i'm not too concerned about your opinion of me.

p.s.: your ####ing money, your rich friend, you're a ####ing idiot.

FusionTalon said:

You're the one who comes across as the moron to me, seeing as you cannot make a post without having to intersperse useless comments in it.

Dick rider? Third Grade called, they want their lame insult back.

Edit: Oh, and L2Grammar.

I'd definitely say Skyline. As awesome as Evo's are, the novelty of a Skyline far surpasses it. Esp. since Skylines are no longer made, their resale values should start rising if it's not already. You can always get a nice used Evo a few years later, but probably won't have the chance for a Skyline again (45k?! That's a STEAL since Motorex was charging 80-90k for R34's before they closed down).

You have the Eclipse for a DD, so you'll be ok when/if the Skyline goes down and you need to order parts. I think the aftermarket parts' costs for a Skyline and Evo should be around the same, since Evo parts aren't exactly budget buys.

You should DEFINITELY garage the Skyline if you get it though! You can always make some $ showing it off ;)

EVO all day everyday. Skyline R34 is big heavy straight line runner, but maybe you're into that. Do you plan to just 'collect' the car and not drive a car built to be driven hard? If I had to choose a skyline, it would be an R32 not R33 or R34.

WOW WOW WOW out of hand, guys chill. I am not going to take my bizz onto this site. its not my website thus i dont explain in public. if you want some details pm me. or reach me at email.

[email protected]

if your inbetween florida and maine, i can interview you, other then that you out of question cali people.

and i have decided to wait. on my purchase.

i got money but after you have it, you start to think do i really need this car?

anyway dont bomb bard me with emails and pms.(please).

Personally, all poorly written slander aside, I would get the Evo. Rather than have to answer the same, tired questions about how you got the Skyline and listen to all the fabricated stories about people who know other people who..., I would get the Evo and be content knowing you could have the R34, but chose to get something more reasonable.

It's not like the Evo is slow or lackluster in any way. If nothing else, I think you would be cooler for pissing off all the unoriginal ricer dipshits who are all up on Skyline/Supra jock straps due to accomplishments of other people. Being different is cool, man. Sure, owning an R34 is very different, but having one in your hands and passing it up because you'd rather not have to associate with the run-of-the-mill asshats that will approach you everywhere you take it, is even more different.

Don't give in to the hype. It's a Skyline. Whoopty-doo. Let the freshmen "cream" in their pants, and tell you all about how f*cking amazing they are, and how you're a fool for even considering something else, then laugh in their faces when you were in a position to make it happen and decided you were better than all that internet propaganda.

If you get the R34, put it up on eBay right away offering the winning bidder the chance to drive the everlovin' piss out of it for four hours before jumping it into a lake. :sneaky:

dr1665 said:
Personally, all poorly written slander aside, I would get the Evo. Rather than have to answer the same, tired questions about how you got the Skyline and listen to all the fabricated stories about people who know other people who..., I would get the Evo and be content knowing you could have the R34, but chose to get something more reasonable.

It's not like the Evo is slow or lackluster in any way. If nothing else, I think you would be cooler for pissing off all the unoriginal ricer dipshits who are all up on Skyline/Supra jock straps due to accomplishments of other people. Being different is cool, man. Sure, owning an R34 is very different, but having one in your hands and passing it up because you'd rather not have to associate with the run-of-the-mill asshats that will approach you everywhere you take it, is even more different.

Don't give in to the hype. It's a Skyline. Whoopty-doo. Let the freshmen "cream" in their pants, and tell you all about how f*cking amazing they are, and how you're a fool for even considering something else, then laugh in their faces when you were in a position to make it happen and decided you were better than all that internet propaganda.

If you get the R34, put it up on eBay right away offering the winning bidder the chance to drive the everlovin' piss out of it for four hours before jumping it into a lake. :sneaky:

Yes very nicely put, i am passing on the R34,:sosad: , but i told some people in my area and they just about humped my leg. so im going to save money so i dont burn the whole account away on a car. I would like some money in my bank.

i decided evo even though more people voted skyline, but it just went to show me that i would have a crowd around me and i dont like people following me because i drive a cool car.
( i already get that in the eclipse):mad: just to bad there fat chicks that follow.

leet said:
Third Grade called, they want their lame insult back.

i dont feel like arguing on a forum especially the one that i like visit fairly often, but damn that is the dumbest thing ive heard in a while

FusionTalon said:
i dont feel like arguing on a forum especially the one that i like visit fairly often, but damn that is the dumbest thing ive heard in a while

I had to sink to your intelligence level for a moment. You didn't even get the point of the post. Go figure :rolleyes:

Anyways, next?

FusionTalon said:

Maybe he considers us his friends, ever think of that? Well, with the exception of you maybe, I agree with Leet, chill out!! This is called the Hangout because people on this site want someplace to go and not have a##holes hijack the thread with crap like that.

FusionTalon said:

Hey were do you work? i'll just buy the place were you work and fire your ass. I can allready tell this is going to get locked. so just to say whatch what you do becuase some one that is a willing person to help like me wont help you, you can tell i help people, look at the three green dots.

have a nice day
prick;)

knighteclipse1 said:
Maybe he considers us his friends, ever think of that? Well, with the exception of you maybe, I agree with Leet, chill out!! This is called the Hangout because people on this site want someplace to go and not have a##holes hijack the thread with crap like that.

nice point, thanks much.:dsm:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back