The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

In a big debate

skyline or evo8

• skyline

Votes: 58 62.4%
  • evo

Votes: 35 37.6%

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
skyline...not even a question if you ahve another DD

IT IS A SKYLINE! People will be your slave to ride in that car. Why do you need any time to think about it. Talondude4 trying to help me out with a job with your online bis?

Deadly BlaZe said:
I'd go with the Evo only because if something breaks, you don't need to spend a fortune to repair it and you'll have less headaches.
+1. I would go with the Evo.

BTW if you get the skyline make sure it will be legal at the end.:)

Get the skyline and charge ricers $100 a pop for a ride. That should cover repairs pretty easily.

Skyline, what was the other choice???? Are you nuts??? Maybe when you get more money you can buy the EVO because they are as others have said," available". Exclusivity is the Skylines strong point!! You'll definetely be the one everyone notices where ever you go...

talondude4 said:
I got a deal on a silver r34 skyline. 45,000.00 already vin taged in the U.S. AWD, has 40k miles on it.
The guy is hurting for money.
(yes im 18 and going to be retired at 25 :D . im in a online buisness.

plus investing so i got some cash rolling in.

If I was retiring @ 25, a Skyline would be near the bottom of my "toy" list . ROFL

xveganxcowboyx said:
Get the skyline and charge ricers $100 a pop for a ride. That should cover repairs pretty easily.

you just made me laugh my ass off. ROFLROFL

yeah i got to wait a little bit before i get the amount of money for the skyline. the evo i can get now. but im likeing the thought of a skyline. The only problem is i dont have a way to get parts easily, not to many in the U.S.

I also know were i can get a awd gtr r33 for under 30k.:sneaky:

then another grand to ship to the united states.

Oh btw, i dont have a fmic on the eclipse because i dont know if i want to spend the time and money on a fwd.:(

Buy the car and then post up pics, that sounds like a good idea to me.

WTF are you doing to retire at that age...must be something in online designs?

skyline is definately a nice car. You will definately have problems with people trying to steal it, damage it, or even come after you becasue its sucha rare car and you are the owner. If you have money coming in along with the 40k then go for it, if the 40k is your whole bank account, then dont becasue there are better cars out there to invest in. Also check out 240sx sylvias, they are pretty sick and i belive they are cheaper than a skyline.

Put intake, exhaust, fmic and rims on your eclipse so you have a somewhat quick dd to play with too

bhop said:
I truly do love R34's, but I'm going to have to agree with Deadly Blaze on this one. Maintenence and repairs are going to be much more expensive on the Skyline since it's not available domestically. Not to mention RHD will suck when you're trying to pass a car, you won't be able to see easily if someone else is coming, using drive-thru's, if you ever go through toll booths that won't be fun.

If you have some hook-ups for parts/maintenence, (or are wealthy) and can live with the RHD issues, then i'd say go with the Skyline, but on a daily driving basis, realistically, the Evo is the choice.

You have good points! I would still take the Skyline, BIG time. If you can get a big deal and can't deal with the RHD anymore or anything, you can ###### sell it way more then the deal you are getting for it!

Drive thru's and toll booths are easy, just go in reverse :p ROFL

Passing someone would be a little more difficult.OMG :cool:

since nobody else asked this. what kind of online gig do u have letting you retire at 25? if you can trust us tuners for advice on what car to buy, why not tell us how u are actually buying it at age 18...

I just find it ironic that he can retire @ 25, yet he doesn't want to get the GTR because it's "too expensive" to maintain. ROFL If you have that much money, that's the last thing you should be worried about.

It's just like those people who buy a Ferrari, but can't afford a clutch job for it and sell it a year later. ROFL

I don't think its that it cost to much for maintenance that has him questioning it. I think it is the availability of parts in the US. Everything will have to be ordered

somdturbo said:
since nobody else asked this. what kind of online gig do u have letting you retire at 25? if you can trust us tuners for advice on what car to buy, why not tell us how u are actually buying it at age 18...

it's cause he's a drug dealer, and does it all over AIM ROFL

TSIMonsteR said:
I don't think its that it cost to much for maintenance that has him questioning it. I think it is the availability of parts in the US. Everything will have to be ordered

Anything that you can do to a turbo car here, you can do to a Skyline.

Most distributors should have access to catalog parts that include the RB26. Greddy, HKS, etc etc. Overall costs shouldn't deviate too much from any other parts. What's a few extra $$$ for shipping costs? :tease:

To retire at 25 and deal drug, man you would be pushing so much shit you wouldnt even have time to post or drive a ####en car. So im geussing this kid is 16 years old and his parents bought all his mods and he works a part time job to tell us that he works for everything.

Lol dude no one with money retires at 25, you never stop wanting money and you never want to stop bringing in money. Unless you are sitting on ####en oil feilds and your osamas best freind.

JOEY A said:
To retire at 25 and deal drug, man you would be pushing so much shit you wouldnt even have time to post or drive a ####en car. So im geussing this kid is 16 years old and his parents bought all his mods and he works a part time job to tell us that he works for everything.

Lol dude no one with money retires at 25, you never stop wanting money and you never want to stop bringing in money. Unless you are sitting on ####en oil feilds and your osamas best freind.

I know the guy, he's legit.

A bit loopy, but legit.

A big move of you to be calling him out though, really.

I suppose we will all see true or not when he post pix of whatever he decides to get, and what he does for a living...

somdturbo said:
I suppose we will all see true or not when he post pix of whatever he decides to get, and what he does for a living...

cause i bet his life revolves around proving himself to a bunch of newbs?

It's funny listening to people who don't have any money, talking about money.

Here is a quick update. If you have money that you don't need to use, (ie: You have a couple million in liquid assets) you can have your money, make money. And If your money is making money, you don't have to be making money, and you still have a nice income every month, on top of your initial capital.

This is why the rich get richer. As long as they're not dumb, they can live off a nice sum of cash each monthy by doing nothing other than having money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back