The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

In a big debate

skyline or evo8

• skyline

Votes: 58 62.4%
  • evo

Votes: 35 37.6%

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

talondude4

15+ Year Contributor
Mar 9, 2005
Plymouth, Maine
Well guys after some small investing of my money's.:D I have a chance to buy an evo or get a skyline off a guy that i know. I know everyone thinks there over rated, but i if i got the chance do i do it? its a R34 awd, I'm getting one hell of a deal on it.

But i originally saved for the white pearl colored evo that i want. Just wondering do i take this chance to get this deal on a skyline or just get the evo?:confused:

I love evo's but man you gotta go with the Skyline. But anyways good luck with that decision and let us know.:D

I'd go with the Evo only because if something breaks, you don't need to spend a fortune to repair it and you'll have less headaches.

I truly do love R34's, but I'm going to have to agree with Deadly Blaze on this one. Maintenence and repairs are going to be much more expensive on the Skyline since it's not available domestically. Not to mention RHD will suck when you're trying to pass a car, you won't be able to see easily if someone else is coming, using drive-thru's, if you ever go through toll booths that won't be fun.

If you have some hook-ups for parts/maintenence, (or are wealthy) and can live with the RHD issues, then i'd say go with the Skyline, but on a daily driving basis, realistically, the Evo is the choice.

There both great cars the skyline is faster, looks cooler and not many people have one but like bhop said the RHD would be a little wierd and the maintenece will be high if something breaks its a hard desicion but if I were you I would go with the skyline just because of the cool factor of it.

Boy you really must respect the opinion of the dsmtuners community alot. Enough "what should I do" or "what should I buy" threads already and do whatever you wanna. :thumb:

skyline r34 gtr man! in black! EVO? no way, they are readily available now here in the US and it would just be a refined version of my GSX. something new, better with bigger displacement and RWD biased AWD!

The price difference between an EVO and a R34 GTR is huge. You should be looking for Ferraris and Porsches for that price range. :tease:

Aren't you like only 18? :toobad:

I got a deal on a silver r34 skyline. 45,000.00 already vin taged in the U.S. AWD, has 40k miles on it.
The guy is hurting for money.
(yes im 18 and going to be retired at 25 :D . im in a online buisness.

plus investing so i got some cash rolling in.

i got the eclipse for a dd.

Pictures of it next to your Eclipse for proof please. Congrats if its true.

95eclipseGST008 said:
Pictures of it next to your Eclipse for proof please. Congrats if its true.

I'm trying to decide i don't own it yet. The only prob is i got to wait another month to afford the skyline i got enough now for a evo in cash.:thumb:

i think the drive through thing is wierd, i would have to go through backwards.

talondude4 said:
plus investing so i got some cash rolling in.

i got the eclipse for a dd.

Well, in that case, i'd get the Skyline.

bhop said:
Well, in that case, i'd get the Skyline.

yeah also hopefully a fmic on the eclipse soon.

im leaning towards it.

i dont know how the hell im ganna insure it.:confused:

"they'll be like type of vechicle" U'm nissan skyline.......
"WTF is that"?

talondude4 said:
yes im 18 and going to be retired at 25 :D . im in a online buisness. plus investing so i got some cash rolling in.

you lucky little bastard...

j/k

Seriously though, there are very, very few cars (excluding super cars) that I would choose over an EVO. a Skyline GTR just so happens to be one of them. The rarity, the power, the challenge of building one in the US w/o much support... thats an unbelievable opportunity. no way I would pass this up. just my 0.02

Also, please post pics... like the rest, I gotta see it to believe it.

umm no one aske if its a GTR or not?
IF GTR than YESSS!!!
If, for me still yes(only because i lloooooooove skylines)
if its not a GTR than it doesnt have as much HP.. plus the GTR has more potential for easy power (from what i was told)

I would get the skyline and if you are not happy with it you can always sell it for a decent profit and go and buy a evo for yourself. The skyline at that price is a ok investment and if it's 100% legalized should be able to get 65,000 plus without to much of a problem. I'm pretty sure that there was a r33 gtr over on gvr4.org that sold in the mid 60's not to long ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back