The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Im in the 14 sec club

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

danny_l_2005

15+ Year Contributor
Mar 23, 2004
weslaco, Texas
Well this past friday I decided to take my car to the racetrack just for the heck of it (might of been because I got a bonus). I knew that the car was still hitting fuel cut but still took it just for fun. As a result I hit an incredible 14.28. Almost beating a New Mustang GT which hit a 14.164. This was with 18psi on a 14b, with around 40deg air, and a gallon of Sunoco GT (104) add to a 1/4 tank of 93oct

RT: .440
60ft: 2.092 <thanks for the IPT Stall> Remember this is all in street tires
I2 (330?): 5.885
1/8: 8.978 at 79.479mph
"in between these two I had a fuel-cut so I let go and went WOT again"
ET: 14.28 at 90.638mph

Im thinking of getting slicks first and fixing my fuel cut. Any recommendations for sizing of slicks?

Why not just hack the maf and turn up the boost... i netted a 12.9 at 21psi in 60 deg. weather with only a f/p upgrade, uicp,mbc and 110 race gas. took some of the interior out as well.

also i am awd...but with your slicks you should be good.

Im thinking of getting slicks first and fixing my fuel cut. Any recommendations for sizing of slicks?

Tune 'er first. Will probably get rid of the "fuel cut" and it will be the most effective use of time and money (i.e. more power, better times).

MB

Oh yeah, congrats BTW ;)

i wish i could do that. the last time i went to the track after rebuilding my motor i crankwalked again. :( congrats

nice job. Definatly get the thing tuned and get rid of the FC.

Congrats, defently a good time for limited mods & a fwd. If your looking for good time, invest in a set of slicks before anything else. My first time at the track, though I had alot of issues (bald/hard tires & my dual stage EBC sent back for repair, & others but just wanted to get to the track once before the seson was over), I was pulling some times like yours & slightly lower, 13.9's. As you can see with all my mods I producing alot more power, but just couldn't hook it up as I was trapping at 106 mph. I really sucks when you can't get on the gas at all till half way down the track. Was kinda funny though as the first half of the track guys would have many lengths on me and just before the finish line I'd walk them like they weren't moving (once I got traction in 3rd)

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back