1. Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

ECMlink idle surge help please

Posted by byAzon, Oct 30, 2020

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support STM Tuned
  1. byAzon

byAzon Proven Member

Joined Jul 27, 2019
    Cheyenne, Wyoming
    i was just wondering if anyone could just look over my idle log and give me a good idea or a place to start on why my idle keeps surging up and down but 500 rpms. no boost leaks up to 15 pounds and only plan on running 12 for now so i dont blow it up. its got a hy 35 speed density, on ecmlink v3. all new sensors on the intake manifold. it idles around 14.7-15.3 at 950 rpms but than leans out to 16-17 even 18 sometimes than raises it idle than goes to 12 and so on. any idea or suggestions would be greatly appreciated im gonna post the most recent log i have of it but it doesnt only after driving not really first start up idling if that makes sense LOL. but im gonna log to work and see if i can get a new log of it doing it!.

Attached Files:

2. byAzon

byAzon Proven Member

Joined Jul 27, 2019
    Cheyenne, Wyoming
    theres a new log of the surge

Attached Files:

3. iugrad92turbo

iugrad92turbo Supporting Member

Joined May 22, 2007
    Kalamazoo, Michigan

8K  5

1992 Eagle Talon TSi
    awd · manual · 1G DSM
    byAzon likes this.
  4. byAzon

byAzon Proven Member

Joined Jul 27, 2019
    Cheyenne, Wyoming
    It only does it random or when it been idling for like longer than 5 minutes than it develop it and when I watch the log the time it raises in idle when the 02 sensors are cycling

5. iugrad92turbo

iugrad92turbo Supporting Member

Joined May 22, 2007
    Kalamazoo, Michigan
    You gotta start somewhere look at the link I sent.

8K  5

1992 Eagle Talon TSi
    awd · manual · 1G DSM