The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Rix Racing

General Idle Surge after engine swap

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

niddydsm

10+ Year Contributor
Jan 25, 2009
Thornton, Colorado
ok so i just swapped out my 7 bolt for a 6 bolt and now it has idle surge when the car is warmed up and sometimes it wants to die when i go from 3k rpm in any gear to neutral ive played with the screw on intake mani and ive tried to use the translator to control the idle a lil better and nothing has changed surge is going from 1k to 1.5k

This may sound a little simple and obvious that you did it when you re-installed, but check your vacuum hoses. I've taken off my intake manifold to do some work and when I put it back on I accidently put some vacuum hoses in the wrong place, i.e. the FPR and manifold nipple hose. For some reason I was getting idle surge with it. Realized what I did, switched it, and it was just fine. So check your hoses to start with.

Ben :talon:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back