The Central Hub for DSM Community and Information

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. This is where the DSM platform history is documented and archived. Log in to help us in our mission, and to remove most ads from the browsing experience.

IAC is warm almost too hot to touch.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pirrofab

15+ Year Contributor
726
40
Sep 2, 2006
gouldsboro, Pennsylvania
FIXED!!!!!! BAD Isc. Electronically is test ok but it is mechanically bad. Adjustment was wrong and even though the coils are ok it wont pull or push the isc full travel. I thought it was working before but after watching the video on youtube of a working isc it does not work as it should.



In trying to figure out an idle surge issue on my car I've noticed that when I went to unplug my iac it was very warm almost hot. While logging the iac it starts at 120 counts and as the motor warms up it drops to zero and then the idle surge starts. While cruising down the road my iac position on ecmlink show about 79. I have not ohmed out the iac yet but when my throttle body was sent out for a rebuild it was tested and came back ok. I have unbolted the iac from the car and watched it operate and it seems to be ok with full travel. Could it be that it shorts out once it gets warm? Is this normal that these iacs should generate that much heat that its almost to hot to hold. I could understand warm but this is HOT!
 
Last edited:
Add Value - Be Respectful - No Trolling - No Misinformation - Participate Often!
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community

Latest Classifieds

  • Wanted PASSENGER DOOR LOWER MOLDING
    WANTED
    • LA_gst
    • Updated:
    • Expires
  • For sale 2g 2g 1999 eclipse gs-t spyder
    Very clean 2g spyder, only modifications is 14b turbo with 3inch exhaust. Well maintained and...
    • DSM B
    • Updated:
    • Expires
  • For sale 2g 1996 Talon TSI AWD
    1996 Talon TSI AWD $10,500- 90,421 miles ( will go up a little ) - clean title in hand -...
    • jersygsx
    • Updated:
    • Expires
  • For sale 2g 2g power window motors. OEM
    RH and LH power window motors. OEM $40 each or $70 for the pair. Message 702-741-6987.
    • Galant665
    • Updated:
    • Expires
  • Wanted WTB 268 Camshafts & Zero Tick Lifters
    Looking to see if anyone has a set of 268 cams in drop-in condition. I know 268 is on the Rare...
    • Ice9
    • Updated:
    • Expires
Back
Top