The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

ECMlink -Almost- Dies When Starting Hot or Cold ECMlink

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chad1993

10+ Year Contributor
Sep 1, 2012
Batesville, Arkansas
My DSM is a 1997 Eclipse GST

Bolt on Modifications:
Punishment Racing SMIC Hard Piping W/1G BOV
Megan Racing Exhaust
Aftermarket Headers (Don't know the brand)
14b Turbo
Prothane Motor Mount Inserts
A/C Is deleted

Engine Management:
Glow Shift Boost/Vacuum Gauge
Innovate LC-1 Wideband
DSMLink V.3 Full

My Idle was fine with my 97 ECU, NO PROBLEMS AT ALL. I got my ECUlink installed with the 95 ECU. I swapped the wires and checked the "Use non 95-96 style cam angle sensor". Enabled "Hot start enrichment". The Chip was pre used so i zeroed out EVERYTHING and reset the global dead time for the 450cc injectors. I also downloaded the stock fuel adjustment. I did the BISS adjustment perfectly I think. I had the ISCposition floating around 29-31 and LearnIdleAdjustment at around 144. After getting it as close as I could, It wouldn't stay idleing after I saved the settings and turned the car off then back on. So I had to adjust the BISS enough to be able to idle on its own and not die at the red light. I attached the settings I currently have and a couple of logs from different days. Please help, the ALMOST dieing when starting is annoying. The car drives PERFECT BTW.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

It could be your ecu temp sensor in the thermostat housing, if you turn it on and rev it for a few seconds does it do it after? Ive not actually had this happen but ive seen many threads on this and its always suggested to check that sensor.

Check the temps on your MAF. Mine did something similar when the MAF stopped reading temps under 77 degrees.

Did you adjust tps adjustment with the wiki on ecmtuning? Or was this from the tune that was already on the car?
Your ISC position should be 30.
Your TPS volts should be 0.63

Yeah I adjusted the TPS to zero my throttle position to 0%.

My TPSvolts set from .65-1.41 volts driving and .63 at idle. I can't set my biss correctly cause it will not idle.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back