The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

Resolved How to wire a 1g dsm aftermarket steering wheel/horn

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vegas Smith

20+ Year Contributor
Dec 2, 2002
Houston, Texas
Hello, I'm trying to wire up my horn on an aftermarket steering wheel that came with my car. I can't find any resources on how to do this. Anyone have a link that would help? Thanks.

Run one side of the switch to ground , the other side of the switch connects to the wire from connector C-06 PIN 18
it should be either

green/black wire (without anti- theft)
Or
green/white wire (with anti-theft)

This info was sourced from the 90-91 manual. Incase the 93 is different, all the horn switch does is ground the circuit.

Last edited:
OK, that should be a good start. Thanks for your help.

Ever I've since I've had my 93 I can't get the horn to work. It has an aftermarket Pilot steering wheel, and I've replaced the horn. I've connected one tab on the wheel to ground and the other to the horn power (green/black on the steering column). The horn/headlight fuse in the kick-panel is good. What could possibly be the problem? I can't get to the horn wiring under the bumper to test for voltage. Thanks

OBD1 stuff is fairly easy to work on.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Power and ground Is all you need to the switch. Make sure that where you put the ground is actually grounded.

Attachments

• A3031CB6-83C1-4D9B-AB3A-411357C163C7.jpeg
    A3031CB6-83C1-4D9B-AB3A-411357C163C7.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 74
Last edited by a moderator:
If you’re using nrg hub adapter, the problem is the gap between the horn positive and the adapter pictures below

There’s about a 5mm gap. The stock steering wheel has an off set and the adapter is flush

You don’t have to remove the steering wheel, just remove the steering column cover. The diameter of the spring thingy is 4.93mm. I used jacked up bolt and drilled it. Just make sure the end that contacts the hub is flat and dull so it doesn’t dig into the adapter.

A very cheap and easy way to do it is just out a spring over the stock nub. Mine has worked perfectly

uxcell Compression Spring,304 Stainless Steel,7mm OD,0.8mm Wire Size,35mm Free Length,Silver Tone,10Pcs

Now you can roll race all you want

A very cheap and easy way to do it is just out a spring over the stock nub. Mine has worked perfectly

uxcell Compression Spring,304 Stainless Steel,7mm OD,0.8mm Wire Size,35mm Free Length,Silver Tone,10Pcs
I saved $8.49 😂

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back