1. Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

How To Tune a 1G V3 SD ECMLink with no MAF

Posted by 9!'clipseDOHC, Mar 7, 2011

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
  1. 9!'clipseDOHC

9!'clipseDOHC Moderator

Joined Aug 24, 2003
    El Paso, Texas
    This Article was written by Aaron Ruppert aka "highbooost" on the dsmlink forums. I take no credit for this article, however it helped me and I am posting it here so that fellow DSMtuners can find it and learn from it. It is well written and easy to understand. It pretty much holds your hand and walks you through the basics. It's a great resource for anyone making the jump to Speed Density.

It is a 20 page long PDF document and covers:
    Step 0 - Get your head right
    Step 1 - Mechanical setup
    Step 2 - Wiring in the sensors
    Step 3 - Connecting to the ECU
    Step 4 - Setting up parameters
    Step 5 - Captured and displayed values
    Step 6 - Configuring the direct access table
    Step 7 - Start up and initial idle tuning
    Step 8 - Non WOT SD Tuning
    Step 9 - WOT tuning

I hope this helps you guys as much as it helped me. Without further ado, here it is (click to download):

View attachment How to Tune a 1G V3 SD ECM LINK with no MAF V1-3.pdf

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 10, 2014

Street Build 3K  33

1991 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
    13.102 @ 111.220 · 1G DSM