The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

ECMlink How to Tune a 1G ECMLink V3 using Speed Density

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This Article was written by Aaron Ruppert aka "highbooost" on the dsmlink forums. I take no credit for this article, however it helped me and I am posting it here so that fellow DSMtuners can find it and learn from it. It is well written and easy to understand. It pretty much holds your hand and walks you through the basics. It's a great resource for anyone making the jump to Speed Density.

It is a 20 page long PDF document and covers:
Step 0 - Get your head right
Step 1 - Mechanical setup
Step 2 - Wiring in the sensors
Step 3 - Connecting to the ECU
Step 4 - Setting up parameters
Step 5 - Captured and displayed values
Step 6 - Configuring the direct access table
Step 7 - Start up and initial idle tuning
Step 8 - Non WOT SD Tuning
Step 9 - WOT tuning

I hope this helps you guys as much as it helped me. Without further ado, here it is (click to download):

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Last edited by a moderator:
This Article was written by Aaron Ruppert aka "highbooost" on the dsmlink forums. I take no credit for this article, however it helped me and I am posting it here so that fellow DSMtuners can find it and learn from it. It is well written and easy to understand. It pretty much holds your hand and walks you through the basics.
@HighBooost This was an absolute great read!. It covered everything I've been questioning about speed density tuning. I had a pretty good idea where to start and how to get there.

The part about adjusting the global and deadtime to assist in proper fueling during pulls "wideband says 13 openloopmaxoct says 11.5 you need to add fuel to those cells" was particular interesting as I'm experiencing some minor fueling issues that have since been remedied after reading your article.

I'm going to share it on my channel on YouTube in the coming weeks to better assist my subscriber base who has found this particular tuning situation to be more difficult than mafcomp tuning.

Again thanks for sharing!.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back